After having some problems with my hosting company with the renewing of my domain name, I have decided that the best thing for me to do would be to close my website down and move on to bigger and better things. If people have a serious interest in keeping this site alive, I will attempt to secure other hosting and re-open the site from scratch. The new site will be fully open to anyone who wishes to help make it a great community for people, but I would want fully committed people for this kind of thing. If you have any interest at all in trying to revive my site, please PM me here and I will attempt to get back to you in due time.
rivereye wrote:
After having some problems with my hosting company with the renewing of my domain name, I have decided that the best thing for me to do would be to close my website down and move on to bigger and better things. If people have a serious interest in keeping this site alive, I will attempt to secure other hosting and re-open the site from scratch. The new site will be fully open to anyone who wishes to help make it a great community for people, but I would want fully committed people for this kind of thing. If you have any interest at all in trying to revive my site, please PM me here and I will attempt to get back to you in due time.

I'm sorry to hear that you decided to close your website. It sounds like you still want to have a site, though. What would your new site consist of / be about? I know your old site was calculator related, as it had a forum and links to other TI sites, so will it be the same thing or something different? In any case, I hope things work out for you.
Yup, sorry to hear this, but it's not unexpected considering the hosting troubles you've been encountering. Hope you still stick around here.
This is sad. It is always a sad affair when a company dies.
I guess this means you dont need my mad php hacking skillz anymore....

on a more serious note, I hate to see this happen to a good site, and I wish you good luck in your continued webdesign efforts.
As do I. And I hope that you find more time you're able to pick up where you left off at some point.
i also find this sad, and would think you should archive every file and database, incase you want to go back some day, but that is not nessesary
Glenn wrote:
i also find this sad, and would think you should archive every file and database, incase you want to go back some day, but that is not nessesary
Not a bad idea; it's probably only 20-30mb of data.
I have the files and the forum database, the other databases was stuff that wasn't really used or was for development, with is on my localhost server.
Good, good. What will you be doing with all the extra time that you've freed up? (or did you just not spend a whole lot of time on it?)
I didn't spend the greatest amount of time on it really.
rivereye wrote:
I didn't spend the greatest amount of time on it really.

It sounds like that was probably a contributing factor to your site's lack of success and community adoption. I admit my knowledge about cultivating an active site is limited (I'm learning myself with the TI-Basic Developer wiki), but I do know that people generally use the leader's commitment as a gauge to determine whether they will contribute.
well, I put a lot of work in the beggining into it if I recall, but I had other things just overwhelm me, so that didn't help.
We are back open. http://rivereye.ifastnet.com
*tifreak8x yays and applauds Very Happy
it is a good thing.

Kerm, I need you to get me a new hash for BE stuff, and can you help me with some email stuff on the forum (phpbb).
Sure, I'll try to remember to PM you a new hash code. If you don't get a PM by tomorrow evening, I've forgotten; PM me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours