Good stuff so far. Nice job on finding that bug. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Good stuff so far. Nice job on finding that bug. Smile

There's been plenty of others. It just so happens that they're getting harder to spot (The GUI does a nice job of masking the tell-tale traceback...)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/t83/
0.0.08a released. One beta tester pointed out how slow decimal exponents were, so that (and ln, log, roots) has been fixed. The parser bug from 0.0.07a has since been fixed.
Be sure to thank gscm for the installer. wxPython is bundled in the current installer, although there should be another version coming shortly for those that already have an updated version of wxPython.
0.0.09a released. I tested all the math library functions (that the parser can recognize) and make sure they didn't totally crash and burn. In the case that I missed a spot, I've added a small bit of error handling.
If you happen to see something vaguely along the lines of
Code:
(<class exceptions.TypeError at 0x2aaaaaafb1d0>, "unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'TIReal' and 'NotImplementedType'")
please let me know, unless it comments "Invalid Function".
Please let me know if there's anything in the GUI or syntax that you'd like to change. My goal is to make 0.0.10a stable enough that I can release a limited-feature beta.
No one complained, so I didn't change a terrible ton. It's a release, and probably a more stable one. If there's no big issue, I'll release it unchanged as 0.01.0b

[ edit ]
One thing that did change was the release system. If you run windows, look closely at what's there; the regular installer doesn't handle wxPython anymore.
One person commented, and the changes suggested are a little more than minor tweaks. No change for the first beta, but it seems to be stable. If you downloaded 0.0.10a, don't bother downloading 0.01.00b; I renamed the first to get the second.
Yay, you finally reached the beta stage of T83. Does this mean that you have most of your features implemented, based on what you said the term "beta" meant to you personally?
he does not. Basically right now, it is just an alternate to the scientific mode of the Windows Calc.
KermMartian wrote:
Yay, you finally reached the beta stage of T83. Does this mean that you have most of your features implemented, based on what you said the term "beta" meant to you personally?

I changed my definition so I could distinguish between states of reliability
proegssilb wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I changed my definition so I could distinguish between states of reliability
Ah, still works for me. You're extremely conservative with your version numbers though. This would imply that you are 998 versions away from 1.0, wouldn't it?
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, still works for me. You're extremely conservative with your version numbers though. This would imply that you are 998 versions away from 1.0, wouldn't it?

My math says 980; 98 in the middle, 10 per middle. But you noticed I didn't use all 99 alpha versions to get to 0.01.00b...
proegssilb wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

My math says 980; 98 in the middle, 10 per middle. But you noticed I didn't use all 99 alpha versions to get to 0.01.00b...
Quite true. You have plenty of minor-minor-minor versions to make up for that though - the 100 per minor-minor beta release.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours