http://chess.delorie.com/

I have yet to beat this computer at this game, it is so blasted hard...
Indeed, the AI is very well programmed.
It isn't the best, I've actually beaten it on the easiest level. Hang around chessgames.com and you'll pick up some tougher ones.

I haven't played chess in what seems like forever.
Sage Orator wrote:
It isn't the best, I've actually beaten it on the easiest level. Hang around chessgames.com and you'll pick up some tougher ones.

I haven't played chess in what seems like forever.

Rolling Eyes That is why they call it the easiest level. Try playing it with 2 minutes of thinking time (no I have not done that, but I bet it would be amazing Evil or Very Mad ).
Sage Orator wrote:

While that certainly qualifies for one of the stupidest comments of the year, I would have to agree in that its not the best. Is it good? Yup. Can it compete with professional products like Chessmaster 10th edition? Nope.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Sage Orator wrote:

While that certainly qualifies for one of the stupidest comments of the year, I would have to agree in that its not the best. Is it good? Yup. Can it compete with professional products like Chessmaster 10th edition? Nope.

And this particular one wins it. Did you even notice the title? Since when is Chessmaster 10th edition playable online? You have to download it and I wasn't even talking about professional products.

Thanks for cutting me down.
Sage Orator wrote:
And this particular one wins it. Did you even notice the title? Since when is Chessmaster 10th edition playable online? You have to download it and I wasn't even talking about professional products.

When you judge the QUALITY of something you don't judge its FORMAT. I wasn't offering it as an alternative, either, but rather a benchmark for which the online one tifreak posted could be compared. The title also has nothing to do with what the current topic had become, and that was the quality of the AI. Next time try to fully grasp a posts content, context, and meaning before making remarks about it.

Quote:
Thanks for cutting me down.

No prob! And thanks for completely missing my posts point!
Deep Fritz pwns all your girly chess engines.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours