Here are the specs of my new pc that I hope to order the parts for sometimes around christmas (or wait some more for the prices to drop)

Motherboard

case

cd/dvd drive

hd

ram

lcd (Or I might use my old one)

power supply

processor

Graphics Card

This all rounds out to a grand total of $1725 + tax stupid taxes

OK If I go to a 4600 cpu and drop the Liquid cooling it goes down to roughy $1500
That's a relatively good price for the sweet components you've got there...
Get rid of the watercooling - just use the stock HSF that comes with the CPU. Take this however you want, but you are far too much of a n00b to use water. You will most def destroy something. Not to mention it isn't needed. The stock HSF will keep the chip cool just fine (and is fairly quiet). Water is only needed if you are going to overclock, but again, you would probably kill something if you tried that aswell

Why in the world did you pick the X2 4000+ when the X2 4600+ is ALOT cheaper??? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103751
KermMartian wrote:
That's a relatively good price for the sweet components you've got there...

Thanks, I doubt I will actually be able to get it till next summer or something...

I saw some high resolution pictures of the case, it is really nice.
You're probably going to have to revise your list of parts by the time Christmas comes around...

Quote:
This all rounds out to a grand total of $1725 + tax

Unless you live in California you don't have to pay tax; instead, you must pay s&h, which is going to be way more than tax Very Happy
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
You're probably going to have to revise your list of parts by the time Christmas comes around...

And if you aren't getting it RIGHT NOW, then get a Core 2 Duo, which is faster than the current AMD X2s (hence the reason they are now crazy cheap - an X2 4600 for $260? A steal!)
Or wait for a 4*4, which I hear might be out late this year...
Or just replace my current video card Laughing .

Any good nvidia cards that would be compatible with a motherboard that had an mx?
Depends. Do you have an AGP, PCI, or PCI-E slot?
should be in theroy (my mom went from an MX4000 PCI to a 6800 PCI-E), but it does depend, and I can't seem to go from MX4000 PCI to 6200 AGP.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours