Harq wrote:
Same here, i bet if we deleted our cookies each time, we could just keep going back. I will try it

The site doesn't use cookies. I block all of mine, but I still get more ink. It probably builds an IP database and references that instead of relying on user-side data. It's more secure and less prone to hacking. No one would obey the ink limit if cookies were used and the whole thing would become spammed to death.
It does indeed use IP tracking. That's how I was able to draw a lot, since I work in a computer center and each computer has a unique EXTERNAL ip.
The ink for each IP address regenerates over time.
Indeed. But oh noes! Our C has been usurped!
Maybe somewhere nearer the edge would do better...
Yeah, let's try. We really need to organize doing it all at once so that we can make and hold a stake. Who's with me?
Sounds good, but I think we should avoid using all of our ink at the same time, so we have some defense against vandalism and such.
Exactly. Proegssilb, rivereye, and I just patched the C for now. Someone want to go and check it's ok later? Also, I've found it's more ink-economic to try to trace over the vandal's strokes rather than use a scribble or hatch to hide vandalism.
Skype would be quite handy for organizing this.
jpez wrote:
Skype would be quite handy for organizing this.

I agree. Also, i looked and patched more of the C up earlier.
Indeed. I just did a bit more patching myself.
The Tari wrote:
Well, everyone go help fix the C, some people scribbled all over it with white. I worked on it some, but I only had 15 percent ink.

I pressed the wrong color. Sorry. Smile
You have my ink!
And my sword. >.< Whoops, wrong movie. You guys got the reference, right?
GO LOTR! That is where I got it from. Smile
Good, good, we were talking about the same thing. So, who else has some ink to do patching with? I'm thinking we need a Cemetech.net logo inside the C.
I only have like .000003 ink. Smile

Rembember:People on Dialup, you can disconnect then reconnect and have a different IP address(provided you use DHCP, which you probabally do) which means more INK!
Indeed. Broadband users can do the same, but it's a pain in the neck if you have stuff relying on a semistatic IP.
netham45 wrote:
Rembember:People on Dialup, you can disconnect then reconnect and have a different IP address(provided you use DHCP, which you probabally do) which means more INK!

Actually, you can't force-set your internet IP. That is dished out by your ISP (and it isn't DHCP), and there is nothing you can do about it (except pay more for a static IP Very Happy )
Kllrnohj wrote:
netham45 wrote:

Actually, you can't force-set your internet IP. That is dished out by your ISP (and it isn't DHCP), and there is nothing you can do about it (except pay more for a static IP Very Happy )
I've found though that barring router reboots, it tends to stay quite static.
KermMartian wrote:
I've found though that barring router reboots, it tends to stay quite static.

Thats totally ISP dependant. My friends IP changes every 24 hours (midnight). I'm not sure how often my IP changes, as I never really checked, but with some ISPs it is quite frequent

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours