For most of the tokens, I understand the simple
Code:
tokenvalue => 'display text',
but for some of them, they have complex things going on afterwards as shown in the notes. Here are the ones I don't know how to handle:

Token: 2Dh
Quote:
Token 2Dh is an opening quote. A zero-terminated literal character string immediately follows token 2D, and the terminating zero acts as the closing quote. Example: "Hi" would be tokenized {2Dh, 48h, 69h, 00h}

Token: 32h
Quote:
Tokens 32h, 3Bh, and 3Ch are variable-name tokens. The first byte after the token is a name-length byte. Following that is a literal character string (not zero-terminated) representing the name of the variable.

Token 32h is used for the y-variables Q1 ... Q9, QI1 ... QI9, r, t, x, y and [theta].

Token: 33-3Ah
Quote:
Tokens 33h - 3Ah are 1- to 8-character variable name tokens, respectively. A literal character string follows (not zero-terminated).

Token: 3Bh
Quote:
Tokens 32h, 3Bh, and 3Ch are variable-name tokens. The first byte after the token is a name-length byte. Following that is a literal character string (not zero-terminated) representing the name of the variable.

Token 3Bh is used for the y-equations y1 ... y99, xt1 ... xt99, yt1 ... yt99, r1 ... r99 and Q'1 ... Q'9.

Token: 3Ch
Quote:

Token 3Ch is used for the statistical variables a, b, corr, maxX, maxY, Med, minX, minY, n, PRegC, Qrtl1, Qrtl3, RegEq, Sx, Sy, [sigma]x, [sigma]y, [Sigma]x, [Sigma]x2, [Sigma]xy, [Sigma]y, [Sigma]y2, tolMet, [x-mean] and [y-mean].

Token: 3Eh
Quote:
Token 3Eh is the conversion token. Following the token is the name-length byte for the original unit, then a literal character string representing the unit's name. Following that is the name-length byte for the new unit, then a literal character string representing the new unit's name. Neither name is zero-terminated.

Token: 44h
Quote:
Token 44 is a literal-number token. Following the token is a zero-terminated literal character string that represents the number. Valid characters are the digits 0-9; the hexadecimal digits A-F; base descriptors b, h, o, and d; the period; the negation character and the exponent (E) character.

There will probably be more, but those are the ones I have hit so far.
Excellent, I'm glad you brought that up. For those, make the 'display text' be something like this:

'~~functionname'

For example:

0x2D => '~~89stringopenquote()';

When you finish, I'll make functions with each of those names that figure out what needs to be done when that is encountered.
Perfect. I figured something outside of the table had to be done with those. I'll leave comments next to them to explain what to do Wink. 80/255 done Smile
Chipmaster wrote:
Perfect. I figured something outside of the table had to be done with those. I'll leave comments next to them to explain what to do Wink. 80/255 done Smile
Superawesomeness. J00 = r0xx0r. Smile
No problem.

Ok next problem ( Laughing ), What do you want to do with an asm program? There are tokens for AsmPrgm and AsmComp (those are the 83/84 equivalents). There is also the Edit Locked token. What should I do for these?
I guess you can make the AsmPrgm and AsmComp( into the requisite text tokens, but make the Edit Locked be a function so I can set the edit locked flag for the editor.
Aight. Smile

Just reached the 200/255 mark. Very Happy

Edit:

What should I do for Lbl and Goto? Make functions for each (because the number/text after)?

Edit2:

I finished the first conversion table and wrote a program to reverse them to make the second table. I just need an answer on that Lbl, Goto question...
Functions for each, indeed.
Another question. On the reverse conversion table (I'm assuming that reverse is what the r in ti83r is), what would I do for the functions?
Not sure. Just put a comment (//comment) in the margin to that effect.
Ok, I finished both the $ti89 = array( and $ti89r = array(. I have no idea what the stuff at the top of ti832.php is, so I guess I'll leave that to you. How shall I send you ti892.php?
You can just FTP it into the directory if you want, and I'll get working on integrating it and writing the missing functions some time this evening or tomorrow.
Sweet. I hope you don't have to make too many modifications to it. I tried to follow the 83 guidline as much as possible.

Edit: It should be up.

Edit2: Oh, for the special characters I used http://www.digitalmediaminute.com/reference/entity/index.php. That's ok, right?
Did Kerm explain how to do the basics on chat? Or did you figure it out yourself? Because I am a bit lost (I really have not looked at it throughly till now because i have been busy, but still o.O)

P.S. Maybe you could post that program that reverses it for you Wink Wink
Sure I could post the program that reverses it, but I made it especially for this, so you'd have to have the same syntax (which I believe you do).

I figured out how to do it myself mostly, except for the functions stuff which Kerm explained in this topic.
Can i pretty much ignore all the Arrays at the top?
I did. Laughing

Posted my converter (reversing thing) as phpConverter.rar. READ THE README!!!

Edit: @Kerm: How'd I do?
You did great, Chip. I'm workin on upgrading SC2 to allow multiple calc models more readily, then I will be able to add the necessary 89 functions and such. Keep in mind that SC2 may have weird quirks as I do this.
Awesome. I hope people get alot of use out of the new calculators that SC2 will support.
Chipmaster wrote:
Awesome. I hope people get alot of use out of the new calculators that SC2 will support.
As do I. And once I get this working, it will be much easier to add new calcs like the 86 table Harq is working on.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours