does anybody else here do sports or anything to keep in shape? I just finished a 40 mile bike tour and Im freaking pooped.
I've been lifting weights twice a day every day since summer vacation started. I've been seeing results and feel healthier.
I play hockey, and I go skiing at least 6 times a year. I also swim (at my neighbor's pool, not on a team or anything), and play backyard sports with friends. Other than that, I lift weights 3x a week, and run 3x a week.
Chipmaster wrote:
I go skiing at least 6 times a year.
downhill or X-Country?

I forgot mention, other than biking I swim, play Ultimate Frisbee, pond hockey, baseball, and soccer. and x-country ski a lot.
unless I have a big cat or sheepshead, my sport isn't really a workout.
Alpine Skiing. Usually I go to some place in the white mountains or in vermont. My favorite skiing area is Bear Mounatin (in northern Vermont). It's a realitvely undeveloped mountain, that never get's crowded.
Chipmaster wrote:
Alpine Skiing. Usually I go to some place in the white mountains or in vermont. My favorite skiing area is Bear Mounatin (in northern Vermont). It's a realitvely undeveloped mountain, that never get's crowded.

where have you been in vermont?
Bear Mountain, Killington (I heard that they recently annexed themselves to New Hampshire because of the taxes or something Laughing ), Piko, SugarBush, Okemo, Mad River Glen, and Jay Peak.

2 years ago I got stuck in Rutland (went skiing at Killington) because the clutch in my dad's toyota went. I missed two days of school, and me and my dad played calculator games (100% true story) while waiting for the car to be fixed. Laughing

Edit: Check this out: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/03/02/killington.secession.ap/ Laughing Laughing Laughing
Chipmaster wrote:
Bear Mountain, Killington (I heard that they recently annexed themselves to New Hampshire because of the taxes or something 0x5 ), Piko, SugarBush, Okemo, Mad River Glen, and Jay Peak.

2 years ago I got stuck in Rutland (went skiing at Killington) because the clutch in my dad's toyota went. I missed two days of school, and me and my dad played calculator games (100% true story) while waiting for the car to be fixed. 0x5

Edit: Check this out: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/03/02/killington.secession.ap/ 0x5 0x5 0x5

yeah, killington is a wierd town......rutland is about 40 minutes south of me, Mad River Glen is a half hour east, and Bear Mountain is 2 hours north (I think). Ive never been to the others.
Do you alpine ski at all? With all those mountains surrounding you, I'd find it a little ironic if you didn't.
Chipmaster wrote:
Do you alpine ski at all? With all those mountains surrounding you, I'd find it a little ironic if you didn't.

usually once a year our family will go to the Snow Bowl.

I mostly cross country ski, cause the scenery is better, and the big hills a sketchier cause the trail is narrower, and the skis are skinnier. plus a half hour downhill after a 45 minute climb isn't bad.
I walk between one and eight miles per day, averaging about 1.5 miles per day during the year and maybe 4-5 miles during the summer. I lift 40lb apple boxes, peach boxes, etc etc twice a week for about 7-10 hours a day.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours