Greetings,
I have had a TI-83 Plus for at least 15 years and use it all the time at home and work. (Obviously I'm not a student) It does everything I need so I have been quite happy with it.

However, due to medical issues my eyesight has been getting very bad over the past two years, so it has gotten very difficult for me to read the LCD screen. And because my 83+ has a black case, I can no longer read the 2nd functions and Alpha characters above each key without using a magnifier. So I have not been using this calculator much the past few months.

It dawned on me a couple of weeks ago that maybe I could find another calculator that I could see better. I decided to stick with TI after reading the 2018 Back to School article by Alex. I decided to take Alex's advice and buy a TI-84+CE.

I am very pleased with this calculator. I have a bunch of programs on the 83+ that I use a lot so I was especially pleased that I would not have to re-write them for the 84+CE.

It's white color screen with black characters makes it very easy for me to read. The one I bought has a white case. I got this color on purpose so I can easily see all the 2nd function and alpha characters against the white case.

So I just wanted to thank Alex for his article which convinced me that the 84+CE would do what I needed.

Thanks,
S. Thomas Bradley
I'm please to read that you found a calculator that helps you out in more ways than one!

I do have to admit that it's almost identical to an article that KermMartian originally wrote, but I've been updating and keeping it current for the last few years. So we both are humbled to hear this helped you out!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours