Post your insane high scores for PC or calc games here. Screenshots preferable. I'll start with today's high for Windows Pinball, my highest score ever in all the years I've played. I got to the fourth Level, Captain, the highest I've ever been.

With or without cheats? Razz (yes, there are cheats for windows built in pinball game.... Evil or Very Mad )

And I couldn't help but notice that you were playing that while pretending to be working on DCS6.... Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
With or without cheats? Razz (yes, there are cheats for windows built in pinball game.... Evil or Very Mad )
Seriously?? That's just sad. Nope, I did it with my own pure skillz. I got an extra ball and three replays in the course of play that helped me. Smile
Well, its not really a "cheat", its more that they didn't remove the debugging, so you can do things like control the ball with your mouse. Then you just move it to someplace like the hyperspace tunnel, and just let it keep getting that bonus hundreds of times. Pretty soon you are looking at scores in the 100mil+ range
Oh, you mean these? Just JFGIed it:
http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/bl3dspacecadetpinball.htm
Heh, that's hilarious. Now I know. Razz
I tired that cheat out, and I had fun with smacking the ball all over the place.
Heh, just got up to 40.9 million with about 20 extra balls on my first ball with that. Very Happy
I almost hit 75, too many extra balls to count.
I of course could have gotten farther, but I realized what a waste of time it was. Cool Is there a limit to the score?
I think the score goes to a billion or something like that. Either way, if a high score is out of place or above a certain amount, the game resets the entire board (to prevent hacks from staying there).
kirb wrote:
I think the score goes to a billion or something like that. Either way, if a high score is out of place or above a certain amount, the game resets the entire board (to prevent hacks from staying there).
Well, I tried going to the last level, and it turns out that after the last level, it just remains at the last level. I got up to 199 million figuring that out.

That's Cube. It's an opensource fps. http://cubeengine.com/ I forget what map that was.

That's GuildWars in the <= level 10 arena. We actually got 47 wins, but I didn't get any higher screens. I was going to wait until 50 wins to take another pic, but we lost...

EDIT: Sorry the cube pic is so big. And yes, I realize my graphicscard sucks.
I have beaten knightmoves on both the calc version, and my 10*10 version. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
I of course could have gotten farther, but I realized what a waste of time it was. Cool Is there a limit to the score?

My guess for score limit would be 2^32 as there isn't any reason for the game to use anything beyond a simple uint for score.... (or maybe even just 2^31, as they might have just used an int)
Quote:

That's GuildWars in the <= level 10 arena. We actually got 47 wins, but I didn't get any higher screens. I was going to wait until 50 wins to take another pic, but we lost...

Foamy, what level are you in guild wars? If i find someone else who plays i might start playing again =D (I have 3 level 20's and a pvp + 2 weak faction guys) .
My highest score on Pinball is 10,580,000 and I was promoted just once.
Harq wrote:
Quote:

Foamy, what level are you in guild wars? If i find someone else who plays i might start playing again =D (I have 3 level 20's and a pvp + 2 weak faction guys) .

I've got all levels. A couple 20's, a 15, a 6, an 18, and a pvp char.
I have the original version of pinball. Made by Maxis, it has three tables: Space Cadet, Dragon's Keep, and erm.. something about pirates. It's great, and there's a version of it on an old Mac Quadra 700 I've got. (the Quadra is from the 68k era of macs)
My dad's high score on pinball was 28,000,000. I swear he was playing for over a half hour straight. :p
Yeah, I played about 20 minutes to get my score. Foamy, that Cube looks pretty good; I might try it some time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours