How excited are you for this project???
SUPER EXCITED!!
 9%  [ 19 ]
SUPER FRUITY EXCITED!!
 44%  [ 89 ]
All of the above
 46%  [ 93 ]
Total Votes : 201

Looking spectacular Michael2_3B! Personally I support swiping for pause menu, having just the text looks very out of character from the rest of this program.
Keep it up!
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Looking spectacular Michael2_3B! Personally I support swiping for pause menu, having just the text looks very out of character from the rest of this program.
Keep it up!

Thanks! Actually, in the mobile game the pause menu just uses symbols as buttons - like, an X for quitting and a play button for resuming. I was thinking about doing something like that but I'm not sure. And currently I use the graph screen buttons for pause menu interaction.

The text does look slightly out of character, but I'll see what my options are. And I'll do something about all that empty space in the menu as well.
Starting to experiment with pomegranates

This is not actual speed, I'm having trouble with the APNG's for some reason.

Hopefully you all like my artwork, that's the best pomegranate I could create for now... and soon I'm hoping to add a "zoom in" effect, where the pomegranate takes up more of the screen while you slice it as much as possible. Then it should explode and clear the screen of all other entities. In addition, I might add a glow effect or special shape behind the pomegranate to spice it up a bit.

Oh yeah, and I added a banana.
Looks awesome! Is the speed faster or slower than reality?

The graphics look good Smile.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Looks awesome! Is the speed faster or slower than reality?

The graphics look good Smile.

It’s a bit faster than reality. But even the real speed now is a lot better than before. Just gotta optimize and smooth out things for when multiple sprites are on screen.
Looking pretty nice! Very Happy

Can you please push to github so I can make some changes? It seems that you don't actually use git, so here's a quick refresher:

Use the green "Clone or download" button on github, and copy the provided URL.
    From the command line in an empty directory type git clone <url>, pasting in the provided URL.
    Use the 'cd' command to go into the newly created directory.
    Make some changes to your source files.

Then, when you are ready to push the changes to github, use the following commands:

Code:
git add -A
git commit -m "This is a commit message"
git push origin master

And boom, you can work easily with everything.

Note: git add -A will add all changes you have made. If you just want to push changes from a particular file or multiple files, just use:

Code:
git add <file1> <file2>

etc.
Did the swiping get sped up? And did the fruit throwing get sped up?
I am really happy to see that Fruit Ninja, once again, gets a lot of attention! And it on the CE is outrageously cool!
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Did the swiping get sped up? And did the fruit throwing get sped up?
I am really happy to see that Fruit Ninja, once again, gets a lot of attention! And it on the CE is outrageously cool!

Well first of all, you should consider actually reading my posts instead of just skimming them...

Like I said, the screenshot is a bit faster than reality due to some issues I'm having with the APNG files.

But yes, fruit throwing did get slightly sped up. To reiterate one of my previous posts, I figured out the speed issue which was causing a slow down when swiping. Swiping no longer causes much speed inconsistency. And I think Mateo is also trying to create a new slicing algorithm.
Made some commits: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/FruitNinjaCE/commits/master

Feel free to look over them and familiarize yourself with the changes. I'll push it over to your branch when it's all ready, and I'll be hopefully attempting to add your wood background tomorrow evening, along with better synchronization.
That’s a lot of stuff XD Thank you so much, I look forward to trying it out tomorrow.

I’m having second thoughts on the wood background btw, I’m thinking maybe it needs to look more cartoony? Not that you actually care about the artistic side of things. But anyways no matter what the background is it will be good to see one implemented.
Or, at least one from the mobile game. I just knew the wooden one was the default.
Just added lemons, limes, oranges, and coconuts. Also removed white outline from all of the fruits.

You can also watch an insanely long screenshot I made here: https://imgur.com/9GPUu1v
Wow! I really love the progress!!! Smile
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Wow! I really love the progress!!! Smile

Thank you! I love the progress too!

Once Mateo is finished doing his awesome stuff, the game should be like 1000x better and I'll probably have a pre-release shortly after that.
This is looking pretty cool (at least better than the monochrome version because of the color and resolution Razz)! I was just wondering, did you remap the CEmu keys to make it easier to play in the emulator, and also how well can it be played on calc?
This looks amazing anyway, I'm excited for the pre-release!
Jeffitus wrote:
This is looking pretty cool (at least better than the monochrome version because of the color and resolution Razz)! I was just wondering, did you remap the CEmu keys to make it easier to play in the emulator, and also how well can it be played on calc?
This looks amazing anyway, I'm excited for the pre-release!

Thank you!

I didn't remap any of the keys. Everything from the [math] key to the [enter] key, I use to slice fruits. In CEmu, I simply hold down left click and move my cursor around the keypad.

Playing it on calc is very enjoyable, a lot better than playing on CEmu. The only thing I'm hoping to improve is to make the conversion from the keys to the slicing locations more organic and good feeling, if that makes sense.
EDIT: April Fools Razz

Ok, so I have some great news! We are getting closer and closer to the release date of this project. I know I haven't posted in a little bit, but this new feature I am adding will make up for that.

I didn't want to post this yesterday, so as to avoid any doubts about authenticity. I know people like to joke and stuff on April 1st so I am steering clear of that.

Basically, over the past few weeks I have been developing a different and much easier input system for slicing fruits. Not easier on me as a programmer, but definitely easier on the user. My goal has been to make the game more immersive, and the new system does just that. It took quite bit of work but I'm proud to show you just how awesome this game will be:

I know what you're thinking, my calculator has to be pretty messed up to be able to do that. Why does it look like that around the screen? But I have an explanation - stupid and horrifying but true - as a high schooler I attempted to spray paint the areas around the screen, because I thought it would look cool... it ended up really bad. Then I tried to remove it. And thus, what you have is a ruined calculator with a really bad paint job. Anyways though--

Thanks to the power of technology, I can say I have successfully made the first fully functional touchscreen calculator, the first game run being my very own Fruit Ninja! On the technical side, things were very hard to figure out. But put simply, I hooked up my calculator cable to my computer, and I used a small but powerful camera plugged into my computer that I hung directly over top of the calculator screen. From there, the camera just feeds info back into the calculator about the position of my finger, and the fruit ninja program does the rest.

There are definitely some major graphical issues to work out, also some weird hardware issues. I'm hoping I'll be able to solve these problems soon though! Let me know what you think.

Edit:
My finger hurts, I think it's because of some weird spatial anomalies
Michael2_3B wrote:
Basically, over the past few weeks I have been developing a different and much easier input system for slicing fruits. Not easier on me as a programmer, but definitely easier on the user. My goal has been to make the game more immersive, and the new system does just that. It took quite bit of work but I'm proud to show you just how awesome this game will be:

But will it still have the keyboard input or is that replaced?
AngryBlackSheep wrote:
But will it still have the keyboard input or is that replaced?

For non-fruit menu buttons yes, everything else will be touch!
Michael2_3B wrote:
Ok, so I have some great news! We are getting closer and closer to the release date of this project. I know I haven't posted in a little bit, but this new feature I am adding will make up for that.

[...]

That's a little late april fools...
Anyway that would be cool in reality

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours