Is there any way that I can send/receive data with an Arduino through the USB port on a TI-84+ CE? I've seen ArTICL, but that only works for the IO port, which the CE doesn't have. Is there a version of this that goes over USB instead? I've looked at the TI-Inspire system as well, but it seems really expensive compared to an Arduino, so I'd like to avoid that if I can.
ContronThePanda wrote:
Is there any way that I can send/receive data with an Arduino through the USB port on a TI-84+ CE? I've seen ArTICL, but that only works for the IO port, which the CE doesn't have. Is there a version of this that goes over USB instead? I've looked at the TI-Inspire system as well, but it seems really expensive compared to an Arduino, so I'd like to avoid that if I can.

There may be one. I have not seen one on the community but I have seen some similar posts.
Calculator Backup from Arduino
EDIT #2: This may not be helpful ^ but the below one i found on the Arduino forum
Making ti-84 plus ce arduino compatible
Thanks! I've seen both of those threads, though, they both seem like dead ends. I think it might actually not be possible, since I've seen a lot of different programs that use the IO port and none that use the USB port. Also, I know it's a decade old, but could usb8x possibly work with some modification?
In theory, USB8x could work with (extensive) modification, but the USB system on the TI-84 Plus CE is entirely different than that of the older calculators, from a different USB controller to a completely different way to access it (MMIO instead of ports). There has been some work on figuring out how to interface with TI-84 Plus CE, notably from people like MateoC and possibly jacobly, but they haven't yet succeeded to the extent that we can perform arbitrary serial-over-USB communication.

Depending on what your goal is, we can communicate with TI's Launchpad board, as per what's in the TI-Innovator Hub.
Which Arduino flavor, BTW ? For instance, I remember that the USB controller of the Arduino Uno can only work in device (slave) mode, so the calculator would need to behave as the host (master).

And as Kerm wrote, if you can channel your data through the protocol spoken by TI's Innovator Hub, then you'll be able to transfer data from/to the 84+CE and 83PCE (running modern versions of their respective OS) rather easily Smile
Quote:
Which Arduino flavor, BTW?

Preferably the Uno, but a solution for any flavor would be better than nothing.

Quote:
if you can channel your data through the protocol spoken by TI's Innovator Hub, then you'll be able to transfer data from/to the 84+CE and 83PCE (running modern versions of their respective OS) rather easily

So that means using the Send and Get commands, right? Is there any known way to interact with this using a non-TI device?

EDIT: fixed a mistake
I've found this thread, it seems like something that could be useful. I'm not 100% sure what some parts of it mean, though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours