Well I must say this, never let your life drift into a fantsy world, cause when that shit hits you on the a as you leave it hurts. SO building on those words of wisdom, I bring you all to my second reason for this post.(wait did i just really start a topic to tell you that!, no i didn't but thats what i thought of first so)
Well i would like to thank Kerm and all the others who have helped me these past few days on "my" php projects, but i realized not only have i probly been buggin you guys, but posting incomplete scripts on a forum and waiting till someone fixes it isn't going to help me learn php or any coding language. So If i break and post stuff like that don't help me by posting a fixed version, just if you how to fix it point me in the right direction.
that's a good way to do it. You seem to understand the general format of PHP, but the missing piece for you appears to be how to use functions. I noticed that you used any function that had been previously used for a similar purpose but which didn't fit the current situation at all, so I recommend you read up on php functions. When you want to do something, like divide a string in half, you should first google "PHP divide string in half", then look at the code. If there's any functions like substr() in there that you're not completely sure what they do, just go to php.net/function . Php.net is probably the best reference you're going to find, but it won't choose the functions you need for you. You have to do some research beforehand.
granted, and that I am going to have to figure out also. I hope to code some decent PHP in the near future too.
Yup, I have a feeling I'll be helping you, Thermo, and Dan in the near future with PHP coding.
yeah, I hope that is not a problem, thankfully, on top of the function refference from php.net, I also have two books on the subject here, and the one seems to be a very good one.
Ha well thanks Kerm, but i think you see my point. I just don't want to ask you to do it for me everythime, i want to learn. Also its cool more people are taking an intrest in php at basically the same time i am.
You know, I dont mind if you ask questions... but I do recommend you download the PHP manual in .chm form, it's great... also available with user notes, and those are just great...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours