Hi everyone. I'm new here and I tutor math. I've been programming calculators by downloading programs from ticalc.org and simply moving them to TI-explorer. Needless to say, I'm a novice and largely ignorant of this practice. Please excuse my ignorance moving forward.

I am having the same problems described in this forum. http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/forum/t-645935/bug-help-app-disabling-frac-on-ti-84

As you can see, someone found the solution. However, I have no idea how to implement it. Sad

I am using a TI 84 +CE if that helps. After countless hours of researching this with nothing to show but frustration, I am happy to pay someone who can walk me through this process. If anyone is confident they can help, please let me know. Thank you! Very Happy
There is a lot to unpack here. First of all, the person on tibasicdev is using Basic Builder, which is a tool that packages ti-basic programs into apps. This tool does not exist for the CE because making apps on the CE is not the same as on the ti-84+ and ti-83+, due to the signing keys not being public. Therefore, you can't be having the exact same issue. As stated by Xeda, the bug arises from the app not resetting a flag correctly. I checked the flags for the CE and couldn't find the same one, so it is not the same flag on the CE, but if the issue is that frac mode is changed, then the fix would definitely still be resetting a flag, but I don't know which one.
Implementing the code to reset a flag would be very easy if you have not upgraded to OS 5.3.10 Laughing and would be a bit more difficult, but still easy if you have.
Basically, if you haven't upgraded, you would just enter it in the calc, preceded by the ASM84CEprgm token, and run it with Asm() or not if you have a new but not too new OS Laughing
If you have, then you would have to write it on a computer, compile it and send it over with ti-connect.
However, the code mentioned in the tibasicdev thread will not work on the ti-84+CE, and you should not try it.
Ideally, somebody would happen to know which flag to set for frac mode on the CE and could tell you so that you can fix your issue the same way as in the thread, but I'm still not sure what your issue is, because it can't be the same one...
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. With this new knowledge, I'll attempt to make some changes to resolve the problem. But don't be surprised if you see me post again with a new question! Razz Once again, thank you! Smile
First off, are you writing a program, or just downloading them? If you downloaded an assembly program it might have caused this, and you should be able to fix it by resetting the calculator by using the button on the back or clearing the RAM from the memory menu. This will delete everything that is not archived.
If you want to continue to use whatever program causes the issue, let us know which one and somebody might be able to change it so that it does not affect the frac flag.
TI-Basic Wikidot says that Frac only works with Output and Disp commands.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours