Everything went according to plan. I made the site in HTML first, since that way I could edit it in Macromedia DreamWeaver. After doing so, I uploaded the HTML files to the directory my blog is located. I then PHPized those files. This is where I have trouble. To get to it, head to the directory. I'm changing it from this: plain layout, I will use the old layout for slow connection vistors. Let me set this straight: i will not state my user name nor password publicly or privately. Please tell me what to change through this thread. Thanks. Just to say what hosting I have, I have Netfirms. Also, the pictures don't show for the blog when using PHP, this is what the blog page should look like this.

I did post the code to all 4 pages (index.php, Welcome.php, About I.php, and Blog/Blog.php) but removed them because only Blog.php had PHP code. Index.php, the code is easy, its the connection page, at least thats what I call it. The page names never appear in the URL, only ?go=4q0a&page=. If you need any code of the pages I listed please let me know. Thanks.

EDIT:
Ok, the images wont show. click on the big imageto get to my blog. the link above will no longer work; i think. Then head to blog. No images. go to here, and O_O theres images! go figure... any help?

EDIT 2:
Actually none of the images show up. but if you head to the URL version and click on the link. they're there. (click on the URL in the above edit and navigate)
I'm sorry, but this post makes NO sense. Please explain what exactly it is you need help with.
=P sure. Ok:

I decided to redo the layout of my blog. I first made in with HTML. Later, when I uploaded it to its proper directory, I converted it into PHP. Which went well. Just, for some reason, when I view the page with the page name in the URL (like so) I can view the page correctly. But when viewed so the name of the page is hidden (like so) the page doesn't show correctly at all. Any reason to this? Should I change all the permissions to 777? currently all can be read(viewed) by owner, group and public. So every image should load correctly. =X
Ok, that made slightly more sense, up until you said "I converted it to PHP". What is that supposed to mean? Confused
Well, i made the whole thing in HTML so I could view it in my editor (Macromedia DreamWeaver). Once I uploaded it to netfirms. I begane the process of converting it to PHP.

better? =P
No, because "converting" to PHP makes no sense. PHP is a server-side scripting language used in creating dynamic web pages. HTML is static. To "convert" between HTML and PHP is meaningless because they do totally different things.
well then. lets say, I added PHP into the HTML. I removed the place in the blog page where the new posts go, and replaced it with PHP so I can use CuteNews and not have to go in and edit the page everything I want to make a new addition. and with with part I erased, I pasted it into a new template in which the news is formatted.
Ok, now I'm starting to understand you (although you can edit PHP in dreamweaver...). Now state clearly what your question is.
How come images appear when viewing the page from this view (not standard view) and not this view? (standard view). Also, formatting doesn't take effect when in standard view. Its got me thinking.

So why is it standard and not standard? Well, when I'm done, I'm going to implent my secuirty system so the 3 pages cannot be reached by the full URL. this prevents the pages URL from appearing in yuor web log. If i were to link to cemetech.net from my blog, and Kerm were to check the last 10 or so vistors and where the originated from, all he'd see is alex.glanville.info and not alex.glanville.info?go=4q0a or go=6g9m (my calculator page),
Because you're using relative rather than absolute links. Your images are located here: http://alex.glanville.info/4/q/0/a/Blog/Blog_files/, yet your standard view is trying to link to images in http://alex.glanville.info/Blog_files/. Change the links to absolute paths or copy the pictures to /Blog_files.
ah. ok. I think just copying the images. lot less to change =P.

Thanks! C=[>
You're very welcome. Smile
Once again, nice job from Cemetech tech support, in this case Jpez. To tell you the truth, I too had no idea what he was talking about in the first post, hence my lack of an immediate reply.
Yeah, he had a pretty bad case of writer's diarrhea there.
I think he just needed a couple of posts to sort out his thoughts and figure out what exactly he was trying to say. Once he did that, it was easier for him to communicate that to us.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours