I find that offensive because I believe in magic.
whatever you say, it is all an illusion to me.
No, we must keep in touch with the magical spirits through seemingly trivial parlor tricks.
jpez wrote:
No, we must keep in touch with the magical spirits through seemingly trivial parlor tricks.
STFU n00b. I know your game; you're just trying to get pyro all worked up, aren't you. Very Happy
Awwww, nuts. Why did you have to and ruin it?

^Nuts^
something1990 wrote:
Yesterday, when he was cut in half, he had people look on from all sides and allowed people to look where he was cut.

Yup, because people aren't REALLY filled with blood and guts, thats just scientists and doctors making stuff up so you keep paying em Wink
Aye, the blood and gut industry is a big lie, and it's time someone like Criss Angel expose it for what it truly is -- a fake!
KermMartian wrote:
something1990 wrote:
That's what separates Criss from all the other riff raff like David Blaine. He has people looking on from all sides. Yesterday, when he was cut in half, he had people look on from all sides and allowed people to look where he was cut. The other time, when he was walking on water, people were all around him in the pool and a woman even swam under his feet.
Erm, hello, plexiglass sheet across the pool!?! If there was any visible effect from the plexi, it could have been digitally removed later. Unless you've seen his tricks firsthand, I can't stress enough how probable it is that the audience are all shills (or if you prefer, good actors and actresses).
So when he took his shoes off, they fell right through the plexiglass into the water. I think you people are getting a little too excited. It's just for entertainment. It's not something you would watch for scientific value or factual evidence. You wouldn't get all worked up like this over some Sci-Fi or Fantasy show/film will you? If you watch the show and expect everything to be real and scientifically possible, then you lose the fun you're supposed to experience from being entertained.
Is this the guy who has the trick where he pulls a volunteer in half, and then their upper half runs away on two arms? I saw that on spikedhumor, it looke pretty cool...
something1990 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
something1990 wrote:
That's what separates Criss from all the other riff raff like David Blaine. He has people looking on from all sides. Yesterday, when he was cut in half, he had people look on from all sides and allowed people to look where he was cut. The other time, when he was walking on water, people were all around him in the pool and a woman even swam under his feet.
Erm, hello, plexiglass sheet across the pool!?! If there was any visible effect from the plexi, it could have been digitally removed later. Unless you've seen his tricks firsthand, I can't stress enough how probable it is that the audience are all shills (or if you prefer, good actors and actresses).
So when he took his shoes off, they fell right through the plexiglass into the water. I think you people are getting a little too excited. It's just for entertainment. It's not something you would watch for scientific value or factual evidence. You wouldn't get all worked up like this over some Sci-Fi or Fantasy show/film will you? If you watch the show and expect everything to be real and scientifically possible, then you lose the fun you're supposed to experience from being entertained.

hole in the plexiglass is all you need.
Two links that could help to explain this:

link 1
link 2
Looks like I was right on about the pant leg and Kerm was right about the audience being in on it. Cool
alex10819 wrote:
Is this the guy who has the trick where he pulls a volunteer in half, and then their upper half runs away on two arms? I saw that on spikedhumor, it looke pretty cool...
Here's a guy who gets the point. I only watch the show because it does look pretty cool. I don't watch it because I think it's real. If you all want me to say it's not real, then I'll say it's not real. I think I did mention in the first few posts that he was an illusionist, not a miracle worker. Thanks for the links kirb. If it appeared as though I believed these things were real, I was just pointing out some of the more interesting stuff he does. Just remember it's not real and that the reason to watch it is because it looks pretty cool. That's that.
So it's basically a waste of time that could be made much more enjoyable were it done with computer graphics?
Pretty much. That's neat knowing how he does the levitation trick, though. Cool.
I suppose it's not a waste of time as long as he has enough viewers to pay his bills.
something1990 wrote:
I suppose it's not a waste of time as long as he has enough viewers to pay his bills.
Yup yup, plus enough gullible people to believe it's real. Very Happy Well, anything else to say on this topic?
Hello, I saw a card trick to my friend where he had told me to choose a card at random and so did my friend, I choose the queen of diamonds and he chose the king of spades, we both wrote our names on the cards we picked, his on the front and mine on the back. The magician shuffled the deck and produced our card but with our names both on his card. Mine on the back his on the front how did he do this?
What is with the sudden influx of people who necropost?
Harq wrote:
What is with the sudden influx of people who necropost?
I'm really not sure, that's three of them. Yoman82, simbronv, and Aeromax.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours