I bought a mini to mini USB cable ( I don't know the technical names for the cables) that I was going to use to transfer some programs from my calc to my friends. We both have Ti-84 Plus CE. I plugged both calcs in and went to the link menu. I selected a program to test it and put his on receive. When I tried to send the file, it just gave me the ERROR: Error in Xmit. I unplugged the cords and tried again to no avail. What am I doing wrong?
Have you tried switching the cable ends? I believe the sending calc must be on side A and the receiver on side B
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Have you tried switching the cable ends? I believe the sending calc must be on side A and the receiver on side B

Oh. I think I was using a B to B on accident, which would explain my problem.

EDIT: Could you add a link to where I can get the correct cable.
21tmccauley wrote:
EDIT: Could you add a link to where I can get the correct cable.


That's just being lazy. You can easily go to Google and search "TI-84+CE linking cable" or "mini A to B USB cable" and find a link to Amazon, eBay, or someone just selling cables.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
21tmccauley wrote:
EDIT: Could you add a link to where I can get the correct cable.


That's just being lazy. You can easily go to Google and search "TI-84+CE linking cable" or "mini A to B USB cable" and find a link to Amazon, eBay, or someone just selling cables.

I just asked because when I looked last, all I could find was the cord I'm using now, and USB to mini USB, both of which do not work.
I am curious why it matters whether the mini-A or mini-B end of the link cable is connected? Both connectors appear to be electrically equivalent, and usually fit into the same ports. With the TI-84+ it does not matter which end is plugged into the transmitting calculator, but when linking with the Nspire with 84+ keypad it is necessary to plug the A end into the transmitting calculator. If anyone has insight into this, please share.
jonbush wrote:
I am curious why it matters whether the mini-A or mini-B end of the link cable is connected? Both connectors appear to be electrically equivalent, and usually fit into the same ports. With the TI-84+ it does not matter which end is plugged into the transmitting calculator, but when linking with the Nspire with 84+ keypad it is necessary to plug the A end into the transmitting calculator. If anyone has insight into this, please share.


On a TI-84+CE, the ends of the cable can always be switched. I would recommend not plugging side A into your calc too much. Doing that last year too much made the inside of the plug thing come out, and I had to get a new one. Both sides work, though.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement