I tried using Wait in a program, but when it "waited", it paused indefinitely.

Code:
Output(1,1,"Hello
Wait 1
Return

Am i doing anything wrong?
Same happened here....
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Same happened here....

YAY!!!! I'm not alone here...Wink
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Same happened here....

Happenned to me in ICE...
I've been wondering about this question for a couple of days but have not asked it yet
Wait just waits that number of seconds, so your code should display hello, then end the program 1 second later.
EDIT: I have tried it and indeed, it works fine, remember, once the word done apprears, the program is done...
mr womp womp wrote:
Wait just waits that number of seconds, so your code should display hello, then end the program 1 second later

Well, it doesn't. Sad
But as it happened to him, Wait no matter what you put in it, now waits indefidently
This works perfectly fine on my CE. If I may ask, what software version are you running?
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
But as it happened to him, Wait no matter what you put in it, now waits indefidently

Thanks for making that clear!
Try removing the Return??
Just use the following code:

Code:

For(A,0,250)
End

Edit the end time to make it longer or shorter[/code]
SM84CE wrote:

That should not change anything, since this is a single program without subprograms, it should end the program just like Stop and nothing would have.
Also, this is not standard...
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Just use the following code:

Code:

For(A,0,250)
End

Edit the end time to make it longer or shorter[/code]

Usually, people will throw in rand in there because rand takes quite a bit of time (although relatively short in real life Razz)
so maybe something like

Code:

rand(10)

And adjust that number to change the time. This will be smaller, and more conventional/standard. But the wait command should work fine so I would recommend that. And I think at some point, Pause could take 2 arguments, with the 1st one being something to display, and 2nd one being the number of seconds to wait, so maybe try that as well, although I'm not certain that is still working syntax, as this was used right before wait got added.
SM84CE wrote:

I tried that. It still works without the Return.

Also, side note, you don't really need the Return unless it's a subprogram. And even then, I don't believe Return is necessary.
SM84CE wrote:

I just used "Return" as an example. ClrHome doesn't work either.
or rand(100 for 1 sec
(seconds)*100
I juts got my CE on the 18th and Wait stopped working on the 19th for me so it might be an OS problem
I got mine like a year ago, and it's had a lot of probleemos, which are VERY ANNOYING!!!!! Mad
Still a really great calculator overall tho..... much better than my old TI83+ which is what i upgraded from
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Still a really great calculator overall tho..... much better than my old TI83+ which is what i upgraded from

My mom lost my TI-89 Titanium, and my brother wouldn't let me use his 84+SE, (since he needed it...), so I got the CE.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours