kirb wrote:
Under z80 assembly? I don't think Chipmaster would mistakingly put it here...

I always just go to the "Go to the new posts" link - I don't pay attention to what forum section it is in.
What about how at the top of every page, including the View Topic, View Subforum, and Post Reply pages, it has this?
Cemetech Forum Index -> z80 Assembly
To tell you the truth, though, I too often pay no attention to the little details such as that.
true, about the only ones I do is ones I mod.
Well, that makes sense, since those are the forums that you need to pay particular attention to. Perhaps there should be something that alerts you to which subforum you're in? I don't exactly know how, but it would be something to think about.
I just go though each forum and click all the new post links. I don't know why I do that over "View New Posts" dispite it eating up RAM and such, I just do.
I always click the Go to the New Posts, link, start at the bottom, and keep clicking the bottom one until I've answered all the posts I want to answer.
Kerm, can you help me plz. Your code crashes a physical calc. Sad
OMG! Kerm was wrong, 0x5 <_<

Seriously though, what went wrong?
I have no idea (that's why I'm continuing to follow up on this), the calc just froze up and I pressed clear, and then there was a ram reset. I wish I could debug the physical calculator...stupid TI and there inconsistencies. Kerm, any ideas?
KermMartian wrote:
Well, that makes sense, since those are the forums that you need to pay particular attention to. Perhaps there should be something that alerts you to which subforum you're in? I don't exactly know how, but it would be something to think about.

add it to the page title.
I know this is necroposting, but I think I know what crashes it. The executable code is copied from the program to $9D95, while temporarily deleting it from the original program. When you bjump CmdForceNoChar (or whatever it is) it exits without copying back into the original program. (I looked for myself in Calcsys). How could we avoid that? :/
Just call QuitToShell in Doors CS. It will fix the stack, copy the program back, do writeback if necessary, then return to the desktop.
Quit from shell, not quit to shell.
*sigh* Oh yeah, you're right about that. Well, just have your program copy itself back first then...
I guess I would have to copy the copying code into saferam and execute it from there...
That's precisely what you'd have to do.
Maybe sometime or other you could add a quittohome call to DCS... Wink
I'm very new to Z80 asm. Can someone help me with this prolly simple/stupid question? When i try to compile this in z80asm:

ld hl,$966e
ld (hl),' '
push hl
pop de
inc de
ld bc,127
ldir
bjump(_jforceCmdNoChar)

I get:
tiasm.asm:8: command or comment expected (was bjump(_jforceCmdNoChar)))

as the only error. Thanks
Maybe you didn't define the bjump macro (because bjump isn't normally something built-in, you know). Kerm or somebody else could probably elaborate from there....
Also, you should ONLY call the bjump(_jforcecmdnochar) from an App.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours