Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I am new to this forum (and website in general, though I am familiar with how to send programs, os, apps, etc to calculator). Is there any symbolic differentiation app or program (with nice text i.e. an actual integral symbol instead of fnInt(), exponents being displayed above numbers instead of just using ^ symbol, nice fractions instead of just using /, etc etc etc) that exists for the Ti-84 Plus CE? I've been looking around for a while and can't find one.
If you turn on mathprint, fnInt looks like the integral symbol on the home screen (which is where you enter all of your math normally)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
If you turn on mathprint, fnInt looks like the integral symbol on the home screen (which is where you enter all of your math normally)

To elaborate on this, you can turn on mathprint by going into the [MODE] menu and selecting mathprint instead of classic at the top of the menu. This will make fractions look like fractions, integrals look like integrals and so on. However, for fractions, you still need to press [alpha][y=][enter]. You can't enter a division and expect it to know you want a fraction.
As for symbolic differentiation and integration, you can't do that as of now on the CE. You can only evaluate integrals and derivatives on intervals because those can be computed numerically, and the answer can't be ∞ or -∞.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

fnInt is not a symbolic differentiation, it is an integral. Perhaps I wasn't clear, I meant a utility to take the derivative of a function and find antiderivatives, etc.
mr womp womp wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

As for symbolic differentiation and integration, you can't do that as of now on the CE. You can only evaluate integrals and derivatives on intervals because those can be computed numerically, and the answer can't be ∞ or -∞.

I know there is a utility (Symbolic) to do symb. differention for TI84 plus and TI83, has anyone made a port for TI84 PCE or PCSE?
saltycactus wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

I know there is a utility (Symbolic) to do symb. differention for TI84 plus and TI83, has anyone made a port for TI84 PCE or PCSE?

I don’t think so, but others can correct me if I am wrong.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours