That's right, the countdown to MOS Support has begun! I finally found an off-by-one error this evening after a few hours that made the first MOS programs able to run under Doors CS! Note, these were programs that didn't actually utilize MOS routines, but used the header and format of MOS program, including icons. In addition, I was able to optimize the ASM loading routines substantially such that more safeRAM areas are available for programmers. And now, without further ado, I shall commence debugging full MOS lib support! Keep an eye on the frontpage for the big announcement.
yay!!!!

hey btw, do most people use Mirage and later these days? Like the only people that have to use ION are 83 users?
I think the vast majority of 83+ users that play ASM games use Mirage, especially since Ion works improperly on the 84 series. With MOS supprt in DCS 6, there's no reason to use anything _but_ Doors CS.
KermMartian wrote:
That's right, the countdown to MOS Support has begun! I finally found an off-by-one error this evening after a few hours that made the first MOS programs able to run under Doors CS! Note, these were programs that didn't actually utilize MOS routines, but used the header and format of MOS program, including icons. In addition, I was able to optimize the ASM loading routines substantially such that more safeRAM areas are available for programmers. And now, without further ado, I shall commence debugging full MOS lib support! Keep an eye on the frontpage for the big announcement.

we love you Kerm.

any thoughs about crunchy support? there are very few crunchy only programs (if any) but it there aren't that many crunchy routines, and it would certainly give you bragging rights.
To tell you the truth, I have indeed been considering this. I think if I provide Crunchy support, it will be in a followup to 6.0, perhaps 6.1 or so. Sound fair?
KermMartian wrote:
To tell you the truth, I have indeed been considering this. I think if I provide Crunchy support, it will be in a followup to 6.0, perhaps 6.1 or so. Sound fair?

it soundeth good.
All right, I'll let you know when I start getting that up. I just read over the Crunchy OS readme, and it looks doable.
KermMartian wrote:
All right, I'll let you know when I start getting that up. I just read over the Crunchy OS readme, and it looks doable.

how many extra routines is it?
About 10, nothing major.
O_O

so is the only reason why people refrain from using Mirage only routines is because they want them to still be compatible with 83?
Exactly. Also, not many shells have MOS support because it's not easy to figure out and recreate all of the MOS libs. Turns out it's not terrible hard, either. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
...especially since Ion works improperly on the 84 series...

I've had Ion on my 84+SE since I bought it and it hasn't given me any trouble... What problems has it been known to have?
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
...especially since Ion works improperly on the 84 series...

I've had Ion on my 84+SE since I bought it and it hasn't given me any trouble... What problems has it been known to have?
The display routines are buggy for many people, depending on which TI-OS and hardware version that they have.
KermMartian wrote:
I think the vast majority of 83+ users that play ASM games use Mirage, especially since Ion works improperly on the 84 series. With MOS supprt in DCS 6, there's no reason to use anything _but_ Doors CS.

Well, unless you consider that MOS is stable as a rock, and DCS, well, isn't Smile
KermMartian wrote:
The display routines are buggy for many people, depending on which TI-OS and hardware version that they have.

You mean the buggy LCD drivers?
that may be it. I never had ION problems at all, but I do not use it any more.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Well, unless you consider that MOS is stable as a rock, and DCS, well, isn't Smile
Actually, DCS is getting increasingly stable, and I've heard that even MOS 1.2 has a few bugs that make it crash and burn with BASIC progs.
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Actually, DCS is getting increasingly stable, and I've heard that even MOS 1.2 has a few bugs that make it crash and burn with BASIC progs.

also, MOS and ON+BLOCK do not mix well.
Indeedy. I think I might even know why that is, and I'm working on fixing that problem in DCS.
What about xLib-created BASIC programs? Will DCS support those? Because Mirage doesn't....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours