elfprince13 wrote:
I still haven't been told how Firefox is more flexible.

plus Opera has a built in Bittorrent client, and Widgets which tend to be far cooler looking and just as functional as firefox extensions.
Firefox can have a torrent client using plugins/extensions, and I think Firefox is more flexible because of all the customizations that can be made to it.
but you can customize opera too.....
allynfolksjr wrote:
That is not a reason for disliking a piece of software... start obsessing on open sorces and actually look at what the program can do for you.

It IS a reason to dislike a piece of software. If you stand for something (such as me supporting GNUs efforts and ideals), then you must support it. You can't just half-support something. Go read what the GNU is all about, read how much it can benifit you. All that the GNU wants is the computer world equivalent of what all of us Americans take for granted every day - FREEDOM. It is YOUR computer, so therefore it would be logical that YOU decide what is run on it. Sadly, this is far from the case. Look at DRM and "Trusted Computing". It isn't just about being open source, it is about the freedoms you have with a piece of software. DCS, for example, is open source, but its modified license is not at all GNU-friendly. (Unless Kerm has changed it since I last read it)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours