gotta love this:

not bad, but you will have a hard time seeing me leave FF. I can do things in it I can't do in Opera, and yes, I do use them.
Very Happy Awesome! I gotta get me some of that if I ever get Opera.
Firefox does that too Wink (Both for the icon next to the URL and the icon next to the bookmark Smile )
But those were icon-only shortcuts built right into the skin...
KermMartian wrote:
But those were icon-only shortcuts built right into the skin...

exactly

rivereye wrote:
not bad, but you will have a hard time seeing me leave FF. I can do things in it I can't do in Opera, and yes, I do use them.

such as?

kllrnohj wrote:
Firefox does that too (Both for the icon next to the URL and the icon next to the bookmark )

Opera does history, bookmarks, address bar, and you can add custom shortcuts directly onto your navigation toolbar.
So seriously, should I switch to Opera? What advantages and disadvantages?
Opera and FF are just about the same, with some minor differences. The biggest difference is that Opera caches everything, so you can load some pages faster, but that also makes it harder to observe changes to a page, because it reloads most of it from cache, so you need to refresh several times to see changes.
Hmm, does Opera leak RAM any less than FF?
KermMartian wrote:
So seriously, should I switch to Opera? What advantages and disadvantages?

Opera isn't nearly as configurable, which drives me crazy because I hate how its tabs work. If you like the way it is setup out of the box, then you will like it, if there is something about it that bothers you, well, more than likely its tough luck Wink

And you can get an icon-only bookmark in the toolbar with firefox - just don't name the bookmark and BAM - its icon only Rolling Eyes (I have tested that, and it works)
KermMartian wrote:
Hmm, does Opera leak RAM any less than FF?

yes.
And where is the TIFW logo at?!? Sheesh...

Razz Just Joking

I am fairly happy with FireFox right now, so I guess I will stick with it. It really doesn't matter though, as long as one is not using IE...
Yet another reason to hate opera - it isn't GNU or Free Software Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:

its free......
Meh, I think I'll just stick with FF, thanks.
elfprince13 wrote:
its free......

Did you not notice I captialized "Free Sofware" - indicating it is a PROPER NOUN? Rolling Eyes http://www.fsf.org/
elfprince13 wrote:
rivereye wrote:

such as?

If you can get me Web Developer Toolbar, IE Tab, and Stumble Upon in Opera, I would gladely switch on over to it.
Kllrnohj wrote:

That is not a reason for disliking a piece of software... start obsessing on open sorces and actually look at what the program can do for you.
Huh, Nikky's got a point there. It's not so much what the problem cares about ideologically, although that is something to keep in mind, as what it does for you and what you can do for it
I still haven't been told how Firefox is more flexible.

plus Opera has a built in Bittorrent client, and Widgets which tend to be far cooler looking and just as functional as firefox extensions.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours