I have browsed google for awhile and the only answers I've found aren't very helpful. Nobody has made a music program that sends the music data through the USB, because no one has documented the USB functions.

Apparently there is a box you can connect that plays music, but that isn't very helpful for me. I want a standalone music player.

I don't understand why you couldn't just plug headphones into the same plug, and send the data through. Wouldn't that work just as well? I won't have access to my calc for awhile, hopefully someone will be nice enough to test this.

Ti Innovation Hub/Box That Does Stuff
USB works very differently from the classic, well-known link and headphone ports. People can't just bit-bang the state of D+ and D- wires Smile
Lionel Debroux wrote:
USB works very differently from the classic, well-known link and headphone ports. People can't just bit-bang the state of D+ and D- wires Smile

I'm pretty sure you can.

Anyway, what happens if you connect usb headphones where the innovator hub would normally go, and then send the sound command to the headphones as if they were the hub.

Would it work, or does the innovator hub have some weird encoding/decoding process for sound. I'd imagine it would be easier to use existing sound encoding/decoding standards.
You could use an arduino or something as a sound card and send commands to it over USB, but there is no way to generate and send the actual wave on calc.
USB Audio is a thing (and was a bit talked about mostly between jacobly and calc84 on #ez80-dev some time ago, regarding some potential integration in TI-Boy CE) but it's still not as easy as the standard bit-banging on the I/O port, as Lionel said.
Adriweb wrote:
USB Audio is a thing (and was a bit talked about mostly between jacobly and calc84 on #ez80-dev some time ago, regarding some potential integration in TI-Boy CE) but it's still not as easy as the standard bit-banging on the I/O port, as Lionel said.

Any documentation on this out yet?
id very much be willing to program it myself.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours