O_o I like Sudoku, I was thinking of making it for the calc too.
That's the next project, then.
We should make a Cemetech contest...make a Sudoku generator, player, and/or solver...omg, I'm so going to do this! Who's with me??
Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea i like the idea though i would probobly not compete for i am spending my time making a game
Cool, then we need to work out some details. I'll split the topic.
What kind of rules, regulations, and prizes?
everyone seems to be doing contests now... Smile

What kind of prizes will you be offering??
Not sure. I'd like it to be something gadgetal and physical, but I might have to settle for something around the site.
Diamonds in one's username perhaps? Razz
Or making one's usename appear in blue perchance?
You've caught my interest now...Very Happy
Seriously though, How about instant 1337ship or something?
Regulations:
1) Must be in 83+ BASIC
2) Provide source code
3) Must complete task in reasonable amount of time (i.e., no progs that take 10 min. to generate a grid).
More suggestions?
How about allowing or denying the use of libs like xlib? I personally vote pure basic.
Pure BASIC is good.
That's going to be one bloated game Laughing

Quote:
Seriously though, How about instant 1337ship or something?

Seriously, I want a blue username!
yeah, that would be good.

I don't think I could manage it though, I don't have enough knowledge os Sudoku to make a generator or solver yet
Brute force, then optimize, then optimize some more, rinse, repeat. Laughing
Kuro wrote:
Regulations:
1) Must be in 83+ BASIC
2) Provide source code
3) Must complete task in reasonable amount of time (I.e., no progs that take 10 min. to generate a grid).
More suggestions?

OK i have one thing to say... Look at what i said in the other topic, it probably will take ten minutes to generate a full puzzle (just to generate, not work backwards to a solvable point!) And still be accurate

Look at the issue i stated there...

OK http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=598&highlight= is the link
That's good. This is supposed to be a challenge.
Kuro wrote:
That's good. This is supposed to be a challenge.

I was talking about the under 10 minute part...

It has to cross check every move it makes to not only make sure it s legal, but also make sure that all other moves on the row are legal (that i can make afterwards)

I think i can do it (I think i will package the checking part of the program off to a sub program and just call that whenever i need too)

But if you want to be able to do that then you almost have to take out the less than 10 minute bit (if it was in ASM then that would be considered slow and 1 or 2 minutes would be good)

Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours