14%  [ 1 ]
Windows Internet Explorer
 14%  [ 1 ]
iOS App (Custom Browser with HTML)
 42%  [ 3 ]
Linux (HTML)
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

So I realize that jstified does not work on all platforms so...
I'm trying (and failing lots) to make an offline version for jstified because I'm not always connected to the internet I'm also going to make it into a blackberry, android, apple app that just creates a web page of the emulator in HTML only (with all the resources) and uses the default browser to display it and for apple I am going to have to build (or use an existing open source) browser that lets the emulator use more memory.
Right now it is only for my personal use.
If Kerm lets me then I will release it to cemetech Razz and if he lets me (please let me Kerm Razz) then I would like some feedback of what operating system you you would see yourself using some will be in a pole (but due to limitations on the amount of questions I can put in I will ask you to put it in a comment thanks guys.

Also here is the full list of platforms I can make it on. Note that I will still do it for all platforms its the order I'm focused on.

1. mac safari (html)
  2. windows chrome (app)
  3. windows internet explorer (html)
  4. ios app (custom browser with html)
  5. android chrome (app/html)
  6. linux (raw html)
I would use the android one Smile
Sorry to nip this in the bud, but have you got permission from Kerm to do this? I don't want to put words in his mouth but there is a reason jsTIfied doesn't exist as an offline tool at the moment.

That said, there are ways to make web pages available offline. There may even be plugins akin to the now defunct Google Gears, but I wasn't able to find any with a quick search.
Alex wrote:
Sorry to nip this in the bud, but have you got permission from Kerm to do this? I don't want to put words in his mouth but there is a reason jsTIfied doesn't exist as an offline tool at the moment.

That said, there are ways to make web pages available offline. There may even be plugins akin to the now defunct Google Gears, but I wasn't able to find any with a quick search.

No I currently don't have permission to let others use it offline, but I do have permission for my personal use as long as it doesn't affect everyone else on the site.
Cool! I look forward to hearing the progress on your project then. Smile
jsTIfied already works on all of the listed platforms.

SeeGreatness wrote:
No I currently don't have permission to let others use it offline, but I do have permission for my personal use as long as it doesn't affect everyone else on the site.
No you don't:
jsTIfied Terms of Service wrote:
The code and images used to create the jsTIfied tool are either the sole intellectual property of Cemetech / Christopher Mitchell or by other authors/artists and used with permission. You may not reproduce the jsTIfied tool in whole or in part, reverse engineer it, or attempt to host it on your own website, especially (but not exclusively) for profit, without express written consent from Cemetech / Christopher Mitchell.
KermMartian wrote:
jsTIfied already works on all of the listed platforms.

wrote:
No you don't:
jsTIfied Terms of Service wrote:
The code and images used to create the jsTIfied tool are either the sole intellectual property of Cemetech / Christopher Mitchell or by other authors/artists and used with permission. You may not reproduce the jsTIfied tool in whole or in part, reverse engineer it, or attempt to host it on your own website, especially (but not exclusively) for profit, without express written consent from Cemetech / Christopher Mitchell.

I suppose I don't now. But I thought I could remember asking Kerm if I could change some code (can't remember what though) but now that I have the denial of permission I will stop as I'm told.
You edited the title of this topic with "(working)". Is that supposed to be subtle commentary that you're having problems running jsTIfied on a particular platform (in which case asking a question about how you can surmount the problem you're encountering would be the correct next step), or is it meant to be a mea culpa about this topic?
KermMartian wrote:
You edited the title of this topic with "(working)". Is that supposed to be subtle commentary that you're having problems running jsTIfied on a particular platform (in which case asking a question about how you can surmount the problem you're encountering would be the correct next step), or is it meant to be a mea culpa about this topic?

you are correct. My apple iPod 7 generation will not work for SAX or jstified and I'm more into sax being fixed than jstified but if jstified was available on mobile then that would be my calculator that I would use in class because I can guarantee that it will work because things like batteries and circuitry won't be a problem. But the dom tree isn't as big as the emu needs. And yea but sax isn't working and it would be better if you can request a desktop site from mobile (and not have sax disabled due to small screen size) and maybe their is a mobile version of the code.
Holy run on sentences and everything that is wrong:

Quote:
SAX nor jsTIfied will work on my 7th Gen Apple iPod (Touch?). I'm more interested in getting SAX to work but if jsTIfied worked as well I would use that as my mobile calculator. Sadly, the DOM space on the iPod is smaller than is required by jsTIfied.

But yes, SAX isn't working. It'd be great if we could request the desktop site while on mobile so we can use SAX; maybe there is a mobile version of SAX?

Okay. Cleared that up.
Yes, there is a mobile version of SAX. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. The steps are explained in the SAX area.
Alex wrote:

Quote:
SAX nor jsTIfied will work on my 7th Gen Apple iPod (Touch?). I'm more interested in getting SAX to work but if jsTIfied worked as well I would use that as my mobile calculator. Sadly, the DOM space on the iPod is smaller than is required by jsTIfied.

But yes, SAX isn't working. It'd be great if we could request the desktop site while on mobile so we can use SAX; maybe there is a mobile version of SAX?

Okay. Cleared that up.
Yes, there is a mobile version of SAX. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. The steps are explained in the SAX area.

Also, sax doesn't detect OS/Device so it would not work if you requested desktop (which you can do on ios devices, hold town the refresh icon). SAX detects screen size (try resizing your screen to super tiny on a computer), as it says.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Alex wrote:

Quote:

Okay. Cleared that up.

Also, sax doesn't detect OS/Device so it would not work if you requested desktop (which you can do on ios devices, hold town the refresh icon). SAX detects screen size (try resizing your screen to super tiny on a computer), as it says.

OK that makes sense now that means that i-devices are not running the code properly. Whitch needs to be fixed.
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Alex wrote:

Quote:

Okay. Cleared that up.

OK that makes sense now that means that i-devices are not running the code properly. Whitch needs to be fixed.

It's an intended feature. SAX would take up most of the screen otherwise, and there's the [Pop Out »] feature, so it's fine.

It's not an issue for me, switching between posting and SAX isn't too hard, I use different tabs (like most people Razz)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Alex wrote:

Quote:

Okay. Cleared that up.

It's an intended feature. SAX would take up most of the screen otherwise, and there's the [Pop Out »] feature, so it's fine.

It's not an issue for me, switching between posting and SAX isn't too hard, I use different tabs (like most people Razz)

but on ios even popped out doesn't work for me. Possibly because I use incognito but I have to use that otherwise my data will stay on my device and slow it all down.Sax is intended for me.
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Alex wrote:

Quote:

Okay. Cleared that up.

but on ios even popped out doesn't work for me. Possibly because I use incognito but I have to use that otherwise my data will stay on my device and slow it all down.

That's incognito. Go out of incognito, and everything is fine. Also, not much (or even any) data is stored on your device. If you exit the app (by double-tapping the home button, and swiping up when you navigate to the safari screen), nothing runs. Additionally, the amount of data Cemetech stored on my iPod (I used iTunes to determine how much storage I had) was under 2kb. Comparatively, taking a photo is nearly 3000 times that on newer models.

Also, [edit] the only thing incognito blocks is site history (and some site cookies, but those don't really matter in this case), and even that is still stored in memory.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Alex wrote:

Quote:

Okay. Cleared that up.

Also, sax doesn't detect OS/Device so it would not work if you requested desktop (which you can do on ios devices, holds down the refresh icon). SAX detects screen size (try resizing your screen to super tiny on a computer), as it says.

OK that makes sense now that means that i-devices are not running the code properly. Which needs to be fixed.

but on ios even popped out doesn't work for me. Possibly because I use incognito but I have to use that otherwise my data will stay on my device and slow it all down.

That's incognito. Go out of incognito, and everything is fine. Also, not much (or even any) data is stored on your device. If you exit the app (by double-tapping the home button, and swiping up when you navigate to the safari screen), nothing runs. Additionally, the amount of data Cemetech stored on my iPod (I used iTunes to determine how much storage I had) was under 2kb. Comparatively, taking a photo is nearly 3000 times that on newer models.

to be honest I can't I set a restriction on my device to remove safari and the only way to use it is to use it is to open an app (lets use YouTube) and create a comment with a URL and that will take you there.
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Alex wrote:

Quote:

Okay. Cleared that up.

Also, sax doesn't detect OS/Device so it would not work if you requested desktop (which you can do on ios devices, holds down the refresh icon). SAX detects screen size (try resizing your screen to super tiny on a computer), as it says.

OK that makes sense now that means that i-devices are not running the code properly. Which needs to be fixed.

to be honest I can't I set a restriction on my device to remove safari and the only way to use it is to use it is to open an app (lets use YouTube) and create a comment with a URL and that will take you there.

How to stop apps from running in background
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Alex wrote:

Quote:

Okay. Cleared that up.

How to stop apps from running in background

it doesn't stop it from storing cookies and stuff I have ZERO KB on my device so I cannot put up with that
Then, well, you cannot use SAX. Go complain to apple, not us Razz
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Then, well, you cannot use SAX. Go complain to apple, not us Razz

you need to (by law) have accessibility settings and stuff on your website for issues like this AND people who lets say can't see and uses braille. I thought that you guys would have had this covered.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours