Redmond Report wrote:
MICROSOFT SAYS YES/MAYBE TO OPEN SOURCE
Microsoft has a new site, CodePlex, where developers can interact, work together on projects, and even (gasp) post open source software! The site includes tools to help teams build actual products, such as issue tracking and source control, all thanks to Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server. Microsoft itself uses the site to work on projects and even allows outsiders to make suggestions!
http://adtmag.com/article.aspx?id=18822

I don't know if this is good news at all or not, but thought this was interesting (btw, I get this email newsletter from being an MCP).
Hmm, why am I suspicious that this is just another evil Microsoft plan to steal good ideas from OSS devs?
Ouch, my ears. Shouting in the topic title removed.
sorry, I was lazy and Copy/Pasted.
Microsoft openly and official stated that they don't support in any way open source projects. I'll believe it when I see it.
Quote:
One thing CodePlex is not, says Michael Goulde, senior analyst at Forrester Research, is evidence of any sort of open-source religious conversion on Microsoft's part.
rivereye wrote:
Quote:
One thing CodePlex is not, says Michael Goulde, senior analyst at Forrester Research, is evidence of any sort of open-source religious conversion on Microsoft's part.
Laughing Surprise surprise. They announce something grandiose, then defend it with hypocricism.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours