for the playstation 2 there are four cool games called ratchet and clank with various titles for the four. the cover of the game might make it look like a kids game but the gameplay and design and all the levels are great. you should give it a try
I've heard of it, but I don't really know anything about it. What's the premise? What kind of game is it?
its a platform action/adventure style game if its the game I'm thinking of. I never played it, but I've seen screenies and reviews of it.
I know, I could JFGI it, but I was trying to make lafferjm post slightly more verbose and informative posts.
Heh, yeah. His post doesn't really fit into the "review" category too well....
Kllrnohj wrote:
Heh, yeah. His post doesn't really fit into the "review" category too well....
Exactly. It's more a "hey this exists" than "hey this is something you should check out, and here's why".
I'd appreciate it if he would be a little more descriptive...this is a pretty low quality review.
Yup, that seems to be the general concensus. Can you help us out, sir?
alright there are four games in the series so i will have to descripe each one seperatley.

Ratchet and Clank:

This is the first game of the series. you are this creature that is an awsome mechanic. and than there is a guy who is bent on making money by polluting his own planet and then taking chunks for other planets so people would buy space on it and he would get rich and his name is drek. well anyway you have a robot friend who found out about drek and got caught and along your adventure ratchet(thats you) and clank meet and they become partners. so you fly from planet to planet buying weapons and completing all the missions on every planet. i would give this game a 6 out of ten stars compared to the other games in the series.

Ratchet and clank going Commando:

this is the second game in the series. again you are ratchet and clank except this time you have not had to do hero work for a while and someone sees this on a broadcast they did so he recruits you to stop a thief who stole something from megacorp(Sells you your weapons and gadgets). so you go through the game just like the one before except this time your weapons get one upgrade through constant use. oh and if you completed the first ratchet and clank than you can send your weapons from there to this one. id give this one a 8 out of ten

Ratchet and clank up your arsenal:

Third game in the series. once again you are ratchet and clank and you have to help someone save there galaxy. do not know much about the story because i play the other ones more. but what ive seen when my brother plays it i would give it a 9 out of ten because your weapons get even more upgrades and it has more stuff.

ratchet and clank deadlocked:

this game is the most recent in the series. this time you are ratchet and only ratchet. all of the galaxys heroes are being captured and are forced to fight in a gladiator arena to the death. in this one your friend clank no longer fights beside you but helps you out bye giving you tips and stuff like that but in this one there are two robots who can have their looks customized that follow you around and help you destroy stuff. and all your weapons can upgrade nine times they can get all sorts of mods to make them faster and more destructive. i think this game is by far the best out of the series and i would give it a well deserved ten out of ten.

so how was that for a review.
Well, at least you were more dscriptive Rolling Eyes

I've played 3 of the series, and own 2. The games are interesting enough to keep me playing. The part of the game that I most enjoy are the puzzles they put you through to complete it. Whether it's finding the correct tools to make an object work, back-tracking to find a missed item, or just plain old solving a puzzle, the game tests your mind and your patience. It's a good game to play through the first time, but it has little replay value IMHO. After you've solved the puzzles once, there's little sense in doing them again. Overall the series is a decent attempt at a JAK like game, which clearly has the crown in this type of game.
The replayability sounds like something I can identify to, nGame. I spend hours doing the levels over and over and over, yet once I pass them, there's no reason I would want to go back and do them again; I just play to get to the next level.
Heh, I've "replayed" Oblivion 3 times now (only finished one of the characters I created). Once I get my new system I'll crank up the graphics (from 640x480 @ medium to 1280x1024 @ max, yay!) and start again with a new character Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours