(Before you say it, yes I know I should use Spasm, and no it's not an issue with the compiler itself. I've used Brass quite successfully before)
EDIT: New modifications to the above statement:
(Before you say it, yes I know I should use Spasm, and yes it's an issue with the compiler itself. I've used Brass quite successfully before)

I'm attempting to assemble a relatively simple program (code below all this). When I do, it assembles just fine, but I can't seem to send it to WabbitEmu. For obvious reasons, I don't want to send it to my calc, and I've already checked the list file created for it, and nothing suspicious has come up. I would like to know, what am I doing wrong? I'm not asking about the program itself (I'm kinda expecting errors from this program, this is just the first thing I started working on. Please don't cringe too hard at my awful sloppy code Razz ), but rather the issue with the file itself (which probably means that the problem is somewhere in the header).

Code:

Code:

.nolist
#include "ti83plus.inc"
.list
.org userMem - 2   ; userMem is in the equate file, and is $9D95.
   .db  t2ByteTok, tAsmCmp
   ;b_call(_RunIndicOff)
   b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
   ld     HL, numVar
   b_call(_DispHL)
   KeyLoop:
    b_call(_GetCSC)
    cp skUp       ; If the up arrow key was pressed.
    JR Z, Increase
    cp skDown     ; If the down arrow key was pressed.
    JR Z, Decrease
    cp skClear    ; If the CLEAR key was pressed.
    JR Z, Finish
    JR KeyLoop    ; If any other key was pressed, or none, redo _GetCSC.
Increase:
   ld A, H
   cp 255
   JR Z, KeyLoop
   inc HL
   ld (numVar), HL
   JR PrintHL
Decrease:
   ld A, H
   cp 0
   JR Z, KeyLoop
   dec HL
   ld (numVar), HL
PrintHL:
   b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
   b_call(_DispHL)
   JR KeyLoop
Finish:
   ;b_call(_RunIndicOn)
   b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
    ret
numVar:
   .db 0
.end
Why can't you send it?
Runer112 wrote:
Why can't you send it?

I'm not entirely sure. The best bit of information I get is that WabbitEmu (when trying to load the file from the Open screen) says "Invalid file argument". I checked and it seems to disassemble correctly (or at least the random codes I selected to disassemble does), and it's not like it'll run, then crash. It doesn't even load into Wabbit at all.
Can you send it to jstified?
Brass requires you to specify the output type. Add .binarymode TI8X to the top of the file and reassemble. Then download spasm.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Brass requires you to specify the output type. Add .binarymode TI8X to the top of the file and reassemble. Then download spasm.

I totally forgot about that. After looking at my CSE code I just thought that was a remnant of assembling with DCSE tools. You're probably right, I should just download spasm.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours