I have a program (Expr Evol, check the archives for the code) that I am trying to convert to ICE, but I am confused with the commands. Am I not allowed to use any lists, besides the default ones(L₁ thru L₉) and only some of them? Is it that there are no changes allowed to lists? What about Matrices (MatrICEs?)? The commands page included in the compiler is a lot of help, but I find it somewhat unclear. Without the changes, what does det( do (Somewhat unrelated)? Am I not allowed to use strings? What does Safe and Medium mean? Am I still able to do S-(K=A)+(K=B)? Do I need to close all parenthesis now? WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS?!
ICE is mostly for graphics and speed in general, and not so much for math, although ICE math is still much faster than BASIC. Remember, you aren't as focused on program optimization as you were previously. find some smart way to do it, even if it looks complicated. It'll still be insanely fast.
CalcMeister wrote:
ICE is mostly for graphics and speed in general, and not so much for math, although ICE math is still much faster than BASIC. Remember, you aren't as focused on program optimization as you were previously. find some smart way to do it, even if it looks complicated. It'll still be insanely fast.

Yeah. I just need that yummy knowledge for future programs.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Am I not allowed to use any lists, besides the default ones(L₁ thru L₉) and only some of them?

Yep, only L1 to L6 are available, you can't make custom lists yourself.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Is it that there are no changes allowed to lists?

No, lists are static, but that doesn't mind about creating custom lists or not.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
What about Matrices (MatrICEs?)?

Nope, I also didn't said anything about matrices in the Commands file, so you may assume it's not implemented (yet) then.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
The commands page included in the compiler is a lot of help, but I find it somewhat unclear.

Can you tell me what's unclear about it? Then I can probably change it.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Without the changes, what does det( do (Somewhat unrelated)?

det(X... executes a special C function, for example det(2,123) sets the global color to color 123.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Am I not allowed to use strings?

"Adds a string to the program data. This can be used only in Disp.". Should be clear enough.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
What does Safe and Medium mean?

If the list is Medium, it might cause small problems later, for example a messed up screen or such.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Am I still able to do S-(K=A)+(K=B)?

Yes, why not? Wink
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Do I need to close all parenthesis now?

Nope
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS?!

Good question Very Happy

RIP me typing quotes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours