At the moment, this is not a serious project. I just wanted to show that decent physics could be made in BASIC.

BASIC Code wrote:
::DCS
:1818083C4A182846
:AxesOff:ClrDraw:1→A:1→E
:1→B:1→F
:0→C:0→D
:1→L
:0→Xmin:0→Ymin
:1→ΔY:1→ΔX
:prgmZNLVL
:Repeat K=21
:¦ Pt-Off(E,F
:¦ Pt-On(A,B
:¦ A→E:B→F
:¦ round(A,0→G
:¦ 62-round(B,0→H
:¦ getKey→K
:¦ C+(K=26)(C<4)-(K=24)(C>‾4)→C
:¦ If C>0 and pxl-Test(H,1+G
:¦ ‾C(K=24→C
:¦ If C<0 and pxl-Test(H,G-1
:¦ ‾C(K=26→C
:¦ If C≠0 and pxl-Test(H+1,G
:¦ C-.5(C/abs(C→C
:¦ not(pxl-Test(H-1,G))(K=25 or not(pxl-Test(H+1,G)))(D+4(K=25)pxl-Test(H+1,G)-.5→D
:¦ A+C(.25+.75(A+C≥1 and A+C≤93→A
:¦ B+D(.25+.75(B+D≥1 and B+D≤61→B
:End
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech

Hmm, this shows up as Mgame as a topic, and NGAME in the screenshot... Wink Fixed. Smile

Oh, and that looks nice. Smile
I titled it MGame to avoid any possible copywrite infringements, but I guess it's not the end of the world since theirs is N Game, not NGame. Very Happy
I don't think they'd care though. They're pro-free online games. Good Idea

i think in the credits, they even said something about letting people port so long as credit is given where it's due. They even released source w/ explanation.

The disadvantage for ASM is the slowness of floating point. At least fixed point works pretty well, but I have no idea how to implement it due to lack of experience.
Liazon wrote:
The disadvantage for ASM is the slowness of floating point. At least fixed point works pretty well, but I have no idea how to implement it due to lack of experience.

What? Floating point isn't a problem for ASM, and if it was, it would be a bigger problem for every other language ever created that can use FP numbers..... (Unless you mean floating point is a problem for BASIC - as the vars are computed in FP even if it doesn't need to be)
Sorry, I meant using floating point was considerably slower than using fixed point and bit shifts. Some people I've talked to have suggested using fixed point math as opposed to floating point for physics based games for ti calc. I can understand where that may be faster though. And besides, it seems fixed point truncates very nicely for screen purposes.

That's just what i know though. But then again, I don't know much about physics anyways. Sad
Fixed point is definitely the way to go. Also, to save accuracy, it's good to do several non-displayed frames in between the ones that are displayed.
hmm, maybe this can be the start of a TI-BASIC version of the popular flash game N? Sounds good to me, I love N!
axcho on UTI did a pretty good job. Things just got slowed down when it came to enemies and stuff. Sad
Yeah, that's the hard part, the enemies. As I said, though, I definitely might be willing to attempt this in ASM at some point.
As if you don't have enough on your plate already? Rolling Eyes
@Kerm: shhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liazon wrote:
Laughing You don't want me to pwn your projects? And yes, jpez, I'd wait until SC and DCS are done.
KermMartian wrote:
Liazon wrote:
0x5 You don't want me to pwn your projects? And yes, jpez, I'd wait until SC and DCS are done.

tifreakware
Liazon wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Liazon wrote:
0x5 You don't want me to pwn your projects? And yes, jpez, I'd wait until SC and DCS are done.

tifreakware
? I went there and looked, but I didn't see anything in particular about nGame...
rofl, that is because you didn't look in the contest admin page... Wink
I looked now... nothing except the discussion of the prizes and working out details... Confused
you have not been to the admin page then, it is a php script on the main site.
Still can't find it; care to PM me the link?
I can do that, yeah

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours