I'm in
I just figured that I may aswell announce and start it right away - because why not? The more time we have the better. So here we go.

The Cemetech Chess Tournament is thus declared started!

I wish you all nice games, good luck and have fun!

Quick summary of the rules:
First off - please be fair! It is especially important in this case, as it is hard to judge arguments over the internet!
The players are to agree upon a time to play their game themselves - feel free to do it in this thread, although PM would be preferred to keep it clean in here. A new round only begins when all games from the previous round are finished! In case a game still has not been varried out after a week, it must be considered a draw, except if it was planned to be carried out shortly after that.
The games are played under the standard FIDE laws of chess, as usual. We play in the swiss tournament mode at 20 minutes per person and game, seven rounds. The results of the games are to be posted here as soon as known, by the winner, or, in case of a draw, by the white player.
I am using this Android application to generate the pairings. (Not anymore.)
I heavily recommend www.lichess.org to carry out the games, however any program would do if it supports the rules.

Please post any questions, uncertainities, disagreements in here!

Now we can begin the first round!
We are eleven players. Since the number is uneven, every round one player is skipping the game, designated by playing against "Bye". That game is considered a free win. Smile The pairings are the following:

Edit: Note that the first player is always white, the second is always black.
Should we make lichess accounts?
Pieman7373 wrote:
Should we make lichess accounts?
This is completely optional - you can play without an account, and almost all functions are still enabled. It is not needed for the tournament.
However, if you want to make one, sure, go ahead and register.
It would be easier to do if everyone had an account, that'd why i asked
I won against Battlesquid Very Happy
Pieman7373 wrote:

And it was an ineresting game!

Very interesting... Very Happy
I use chess.com personally, but that's just me.

I'm game if you have spots available! I love playing chess, even though I suck.
Pieman7373 wrote:

Congratulations! Noted it. Smile

pimathbrainiac wrote:
I'm game if you have spots available! I love playing chess, even though I suck.

I can make you play against Switchblade, that would fit. Also, I doubt you suck, judging by the sole fact that you love playing chess. That speaks for itself. Smile And none of us are professionals, I believe.
So we've had a small software migration here. The app didn't support adding "latecomers" so I had to use a PC program. I managed to migrate all pairs and add pimath in the process. The results in all their beauty look as follows:

Sorry for the German, but should be mostly obvious.
Man, I am so glad I was the first player and got a "Bye". I haven't checked out this post for a while and would have definitely missed it. Really though, I don't have any time to play chess right now Sad I just started a whole bunch of new classes this semester and I am really busy. Sorry for getting seeming changeable, but I think I should be removed from the list. Maybe in the summer, if this is still going on, I could participate.
Switchblade wrote:
Man, I am so glad I was the first player and got a "Bye". I haven't checked out this post for a while and would have definitely missed it. Really though, I don't have any time to play chess right now Sad I just started a whole bunch of new classes this semester and I am really busy. Sorry for getting seeming changeable, but I think I should be removed from the list. Maybe in the summer, if this is still going on, I could participate.

I hope we'd finish it by summer, but we can start a new one if it goes well. Smile
No worries, I may either fully remove you or just count that game as if you were a "Bye" (Really, it sounds less weird in German. "Gameless" is an approximate translation.). Depending on whether you expect to have time in the next weeks.
Calcnerd where are you :/
I won against sting251.

It was a fast game. Good game though.
There is little activity... Did anyone else finish their games yet?
*bump*
I haven't got a response from my opponent and many still haven't finished their games.
It is fine if you opt out, but please let me know. Smile

I think I am aborting this tournament, there is just too little interest in it. Sorry to everyone who wants to play, but there are just too many who left without notice.

If anyone feels like playing chess, just drop me a message, I will respond to it as soon as possible. Smile
I'm going to have to opt out. I'm sorry, but I've been busy lately and I can never find time to play. Razz
Day to day Chess is additionally alluded to as Turn-based and Correspondence-style chess. The last option term features the closeness between this sort of Web chess and games played by letters sent through the mail. can pawns move backwards or moves the castle of game.
I suck at chess.
I saw this topic in weekly topics because of the spam post, and I know this topic is very dead, but im in if there will ever be another tournament.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours