Okay, I've been working on a project for the last two days. I'm making a keyboard-mouse combination that you hold like a guitar. I have the keyboard mounted to the base of the device, and have a shoulder strap mounted. The only thing I need to add is mouse support. I figured if I got a cheap laser mouse, I could mount it upside down, then make a small 3-finger glove with a piece of mousepad to move. The only hang-up is how I would click. What is underneath the plastic part of the mouse buttons? Is the part that actually makes it click movable? Or can you thing of a different mouse idea that would make more sense?

I just feel like playing dance dance revolution is such a waste. I'm making time to play video games and still have both hands free. If I could play that and be on my computer at the same time, I would be much happier.
why not just wire in the touch pad of a laptop, and use that? You could then move it and tap...
I don't have access to any old laptops...
Good call Dan, I was thinking the same thing. If you want to use keyboard keys to mouse move and click instead, I can easily write you a little driver...
KermMartian wrote:
Good call Dan, I was thinking the same thing. If you want to use keyboard keys to mouse move and click instead, I can easily write you a little driver...

I'd really rather use my other hand for mouse control. Mouse movements on the keyboard would be really hard to control in shooters. Unless... Can you use two keyboards at the same time? Or maybe I could just buy a number-pad to mount and use as a mouse?
Eh, you're better off with a mouse. Idea Duh. Use an optical mouse mounted lense side out. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Eh, you're better off with a mouse. Idea Duh. Use an optical mouse mounted lense side out. Smile

Yeah, that's what I was going to do, but I'm not sure how I would reach to click...
or maybe see if you can dig up a trackball, that would do that trick.
Desolder the buttons, solder new wires in, and make big buttons next to the lense. You'll probably be taking it out of the case to mount the PCB upside-down anyway...
rivereye wrote:
or maybe see if you can dig up a trackball, that would do that trick.

I have several track balls. I'm just not sure how to use them...
you mean use it for what you need, or how to use it as a mouse?
rivereye wrote:
you mean use it for what you need, or how to use it as a mouse?

Use it for what I need.
ok, that would be your call. Good thing you answered that, I was worried you didn't know how to use a trackball at first (sorry).
rivereye wrote:
ok, that would be your call. Good thing you answered that, I was worried you didn't know how to use a trackball at first (sorry).

0x5 Is using one any different than an optical? (aside from the thing sticking, forcing you to lift the mouse, move it to the other side of the mousepad, put it back down, and re-move in the direction you want to go several times)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours