Recently I was poking around looking for easy strategies to get rounded corners on webpages and I discovered an interesting thing: Mozilla/FF has built-in support for rounded corners! All you have to do is set the -moz-border-radius property in your style, and if your element has a border, the corners will be rounded.

You can see this style of rounded corners in action at my Wikipedia user page and get more information here.
Interestingly, a friend was asking me about this two days ago. Shock I'll have to point him to this page.
It sure beats the crap out of having background images/weird javascripting/all the other garbage people have come up with to get round corners, even if it does only work in Mozilla/FF. Cool
*cough* Every page on the site *cough*...
I'd seriously consider switching, Kerm. Your HTML is just ugly. Razz
Oh come on, it's not really that bad. The parser that checks those things is screwed up anyway... Alex10819 and I proved that in the Skype discussion last Thursday.
Kerm, you know you'd love to abandon having corner images. Very Happy
I would, but only working in Mozilla/FF? Not IE, not Opera, not Safari, not Konqueror? That's unacceptable.
Nah, it still looks fine in IE & co., just no rounded corners. Good Idea
I know, which I don't like. Plus, I'd lose my s3x`/ grayscale gradient thing.
To each his own. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
I would, but only working in Mozilla/FF? Not IE, not Opera, not Safari, not Konqueror? That's unacceptable.

just have a php function that uses the built in rounded corners for Gecko-browsers (Mozilla, FF, etc...), and the old images for all others - not that hard Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

just have a php function that uses the built in rounded corners for Gecko-browsers (Mozilla, FF, etc...), and the old images for all others - not that hard Razz

browser checkers don't always work
cause for one if u r using opera u can select to broadcast that your either on ff or ie
and i think the defualt is ie so thats no good!
Thermoman wrote:
cause for one if u r using opera u can select to broadcast that your either on ff or ie

....and opera and IE would use the images anyway, as neither one supports the -moz-border-radius option anyway.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Thermoman wrote:

....and opera and IE would use the images anyway, as neither one supports the -moz-border-radius option anyway.

opera dun have that feature?
didn't know that
i wasn't to happy w/ opera, i still don't think its better than ff
but i know other ppl who love it so..
Kllrnohj: I _could_ do that, but it seems so incredible pointless, not to mention I would lose the grayscale effect, that I doubt I'll bother. Some of the tables are hardcoded, some are dynamic, and they're definitely not all generated by the same script. Some aren't generated at all.
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj: I _could_ do that, but it seems so incredible pointless, not to mention I would lose the grayscale effect, that I doubt I'll bother. Some of the tables are hardcoded, some are dynamic, and they're definitely not all generated by the same script. Some aren't generated at all.
Confused
Yeah, I was a bit redundant. Unless you mean that you don't get that some of the corners are static HTML, not php-generated...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours