Are you looking forward to the new seasons of the Gates?
Yes
 50%  [ 3 ]
No
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

It's that time of the year again. The new seasons of the Gates begin Friday July 14th at 8 PM on the Sci-fi channels. The new seasons promise to be the best seasons of Stargate yet. Last season on Stargate SG-1, an evil race of ascended beings called the Ori made more incursions into our galaxy, sending Priors, humans advanced by the Ori, to spread the word of Origin, a book claiming the Ori are gods. So far, SG-1 has managed to stop everything the Ori have done, but the Priors have been spreading word of a doomsday when all unbelievers will be destroyed. Last season's finale, SG-1 went to Camelot to try to find a weapon made by Merlin, who was also an ascended being. That weapon was capable of destroying other ascended beings. After some work, they discovered that they were looking for the Holy Grail. Before they had a chance to learn more of the location of this weapon, they were beamed aboard the Russian ship, The Korolev, and traveled to the location of a giant Stargate. The Korolev joined a coalition of ships from across the galaxy, including the American ship The Oddyssey. Colonel Carter and the Asgard tried to prevent the Ori from activating the Stargate, but were too late. Four titanic Ori ships came through the gate, and a great battle started. Ultimately, our ships proved incapable of engaging the Ori ships. What will happen next? Make sure to watch the new season to find out. Meanwhile, the Atlantis team has been making a lot of progress. They managed to take down an enemy regime and form a new alliance. They made a drug to neutralize their vampire-like enemy, the Wraith. They even found an Ancient warship. Last season's Stargate Atlantis finale, the Atlantis team was surprised that a Wraith hive ship called for an alliance. The Wraith wanted the drug that would turn Wraith into human. But their real plan was discovered too late. A worm was sent by the Wraith into the Atlantis computers, and the Wraith collected a very important piece of information: the location of all planets in the database, including the Wraith's new feeding ground, Earth. The Wraith are making their way to Earth. What will happen next? Tune in to the new season of Stargate Atlantis to find out! Both will be action-packed with great plots and surprising developments. Download this program so your calc can let you know when to tune in to the Sci-Fi channel. Note that this program, for some reason, does not work well with the Start-Up App.
It's showtime tomorrow at 8. The Science of Stargate will air at 8, followed by Stargate SG-1 at 9, and Stargate Atlantis at 10. It's a must see! Also, for those of you who downloaded the Countdown program, if you want it to tell you when Stargate SG-1 starts and not when The Science of Stargate starts, just change the line {19,59,59->L1 to {20,59,59->L1. If you just want to see Atlantis, change it to {21,59,59->L1.
I will definitely be watching it. ^_^

On a side note, are you gonna be an announcer when you get done with school?? Confused lol
Laughing If the pay is good enough. Very Happy
tifreak8x wrote:
I will definitely be watching it. ^_^

On a side note, are you gonna be an announcer when you get done with school?? Confused 0x5
ROFL! Good call.
If you missed it, then it sure was something you missed. Those two episodes were a great way to kick off the new seasons of SG-1 and Atlantis. They had love, betrayal, action, adventure, science, fiction, courage, a great plot with exciting and surprising twists, and most importantly spectacular space battles. You have to have seen it to truly appreciate how great it was. On a side note, SciFi is hosting another Get in the Gate contest, which, if you win, puts you right in the middle of the intergalactic action. It's definitely something worth checking out. I don't have the address right now, but more information should be on the SciFi website. You can go there by clicking the link in my sig.
Rolling Eyes Are you sure they're not paying you to advertise here? Very Happy
Laughing If only they did. Directv has something like this. When people really like a TV show or their satellite service, they will tell others about it.
Yeah, but there's also something known as viral marketing, where people who appear to be normal, objective users are paid by companies for promoting their product via a forum, blog, or w/e.
If it's bothering you then I'll just stop.
Laughing Not at all. I totally believe you about it, I was just letting people that never heard of it before know what viral marketing is.
I like SG-1 though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours