HEY

can any of you think back to that time when i was a noob at websites?
when my site was a horrible blue on black and my images had "yellow lines"

well i have been working
and i think jpez and a few other s would love to see what i have been up to
so this is the new Thermomods

http://www.ThermoMods.com
As I said on aim, I think you've got the idea about trying to use text instead of images as much as possible to cut load and rendering times. Nicely done.
i did some modifications last night
and after fuckin it up
i fixed it so it looks nice in ff and ie
So you did. Have you tried it in any browsers like Safari or Opera yet?
not too bad looking, I am liking it.
i only use ff

idk or care about the other browsers really
but i would assume they fit nice
ie is just crap and if it looks nice in that any browser after ie the site will look nice in
Opera and Safara are not c*** though; they are respected browsers, and a good number of people use them. Usually, when something looks good in FF, it looks good in Opera, but that's not always guaranteed.
and both Opera and Safari are better at rendering than Firefox so you should test it in at least one of them, probably Opera.
well, one would assume Opera, I don't think one can run Safari on anything other than Mac.
rivereye wrote:
well, one would assume Opera, I don't think one can run Safari on anything other than Mac.

actually you should test it in Konqueror, which ensures that it looks good on Konqueror and Safari, since WebKit was stolen from KHTML.
Exactly. OK, then Opera, FF, IE, and Konqueror are the four major browsers a site such as yours should be tested under. Come to think of it, I haven't looked at Cemetech under Opera in a while...
the only thing with Konqueror is that it is Linux only, correct? All my web stuff is in my Win XP drive (the files and that)
rivereye wrote:
the only thing with Konqueror is that it is Linux only, correct? All my web stuff is in my Win XP drive (the files and that)

1) Linux can read an NTFS drive, there just isn't any writeback support.

2) Konqueror effectively makes sure it will look good on safari too which I probably wont be anywhere on your hard drive since Im assuming you aren't using boot camp.
@Thermo: Good, I am seeing improvement. Of course, I am never satisfied, so keep working on it. Rolling Eyes

(This applies to everyone else as well) You might find this and this helpful in your quest to make the site decent.
i fixed my site up
im still working on it but i think it got it looking nice

now to the untrained eye, looks as if nothing has changed
but refresh your page and view my source
You're using CSS now? Confused
I believe he has indeed seen the light of CSS, looking at his page source.
jpez wrote:
You're using CSS now? Confused

rofl
why wouldn't i?

after all i am getting better at my html
so i figured wow lets just go rught from simple html to the "complex" world of css

haha its not hard
i don't know why more sites don't use it
because people are lazy and don't want to learn how to write a code.

btw, I found a site that will blow your mind away, made 100% in a WYSIWYG editor, and it is valid HTML 4.01 with CSS, can you believe it? http://mssfa.com/grand_rapids/grand_rapids.htm
rivereye wrote:
because people are lazy and don't want to learn how to write a code.

btw, I found a site that will blow your mind away, made 100% in a WYSIWYG editor, and it is valid HTML 4.01 with CSS, can you believe it? http://mssfa.com/grand_rapids/grand_rapids.htm

link didn't work
and im glad you all think im improving
i just need to learn how to make nice images now Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours