that would rock out loud, now, how would we manage that?
0x5, benevolent spyware. Very Happy What a concept...
well i am currently reading about tables that way i canmove away from frames but then once i got the whole site finished i am going to convert as much as possible to php then it shall be one while i update it and add more stuff.
You can't convert "away" from html to php: php only generates HTML based on dynamic stuff. This entire page is written in HTML clientside (take a look at view-->source), but all of this HTML was generated by a php script that filled in the online users, usernames, post text, etc etc.
oh so i guess when i actually have enough stuff up and going i can add a login or something and that is what php would help to do.
lafferjm wrote:
oh so i guess when i actually have enough stuff up and going i can add a login or something and that is what php would help to do.
Eeexactly. It's pointless to use PHP if all your content is static and unchanging on a regular basis. If the same page needs to look different ways at different times and for different people, then PHP should be used.
well i curently have a problem i updated site because it was working fine in browser but then when i put it on the internet it isnt working right. here are the two files i am using:

style.css

Code:

body {background-color:black}
p {color:white}
h1 {color:red}
h1 {text-align: center}
h3 {color: white}
h3 {text-align: left}
a {text-decoration: none}
a {color: white}
a:hover {color: green}
a:hover {text-decoration:underline}

index.html

Code:

<html>
<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="style.css" />
<title>Crazedragon</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
function msg()
{
alert("This site is not finished") 
}
</script>
</head>
<h1>Crazedragon</h1>
<hr />
<body onload="msg()">
<table border="5" width="100%" cellpadding="10">
<tr>
<td width="25%" valign="top">
<h1>Links</h1>
<h3>Internal</h3>
<a href="index.html">Home</a>
<br />
<a href="about.html">About(Down)</a>
<br />
<a href="comment.html">Comments/Suggestions(Down)</a>
<br />
<a href="updates.html">Updates(Down)</a>
<br />
<h3>External</h3>
<a href="http://www.cemetech.net" target="_blank">Cemetech</a>
<br />
<a href="http://www.ticalc.org" target="_blank">Ticalc</a>
<br />
<a href="http://www.freedomain.co.nr" target="_blank">Get your free domain here</a>
<br />
<a href="http://www.mofunzone.com" target="_blank">Mofunzone</a>
</td>
<td width="75%" valign="top">
<h1>Information</h1>
<p>I converted the site to a table to provide you with a better
layout.  You can view this section to see what progress has been made
so far until the updates section is completed.The links that have down
next to their name are the ones that currently do not work.The internal links
are for the links inside the site and the external links work outside the site.</p>
<hr />
<p>I added the internal and external links and i also formatted the page
using a table.</p>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

if you save those files and view it in browser by opening the file it looks like it is supposed to but if you go here:

www.crazedragon.co.nr

it does not work right. can someone please help me fix this problem.

oh and sorry for all the space used.
you can use php also to do a frame style without the frames, or start with .php so this way, when you do intergrate php into your site, will be easier for people who go to your site.
My advice is to stay away from frames. They are quite noobish and people will have a hard time linking to specific pages on your site.
frmaes in the literal you mean, you can use php do a frame style thing without them <?php include "file"; ?>
Framesets != includes
I know that, but one can simulate a lot of the benafits with it.
rivereye wrote:
I know that, but one can simulate a lot of the benafits with it.
You should also try to see if SSI is enabled on your host,.
i am not using frames anymore now i am using tables and it looks a lot better than the frames did.
KermMartian wrote:
....wtF? <p/>? Shock

<p/> is the same as <p></p>

technically all html tags must be closed, including <br>s, hence you will see <br/>, which means it is self closing (it isn't xhtml or anything like that, its reg ol' html) - it is just a shortcut for <br></br>. So all you nubs using <br> aren't following HTML standards! HAHAHAHA!
you could argue that, but the WC3 validator doesn't require it for HTML, only XHTML.

@Kerm, what is SSI?
lafferjm wrote:
i am not using frames anymore now i am using tables and it looks a lot better than the frames did.
Tables are for tabular data, not layout.
on my page the background is black and i want it to be that way. but i also have a form and the words are black. how can i change the color of the words to something else. oh and how would i go about making a cool title picture like the cemetech one on top
Change the color of the form text the same way you did the other text....
i tried. i went to my css file and added:

form {color: green}

and it did not work. could it be becuase it is inside of a table?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours