This is a project I've worked on for about two weeks now. It's a simple game. You have five seconds to do something on the calculator, and if you don't get it, you lose. The game starts out with simple math problems, and gets progressively harder. The time never changes; it's always five seconds. The only thing that changes is the difficulty. It's mostly math problems, with the occasional trivia question thrown in.

The timer uses almost the exact same code as SecTimer. Within the timing loop, it checks for keyboard input, and stores your input into variable I. It then compares I to C, the correct answer. If the time ends, it treats it as a wrong answer. Your score is then stored into a highscore list. All answers are numerical, including trivia questions.

The questions are semi-randomized, picking from a list of ~10 every time. The maximum score possible right now is 20. Working on more questions.
This sounds like a cool game. Maybe you could change the score you get by how fast you answer the question. Another idea, you could make Zen mode where your score can be compounded based on your correct answer streak.
That sounds very interesting! Just some extra ideas if you're interested:

•Highscores
•The occasional riddle to spice things up
•Simulated opponent
•Different difficulty settings (time amounts)

Also, how are you doing the timed input? Is it normal and just times how long it took or does it actually cut you off when the time's up
*bump*
How's this going?
Also, I forgot to mention:
seanlego23 wrote:
Another idea, you could make Zen mode where your score can be compounded based on your correct answer streak.

This sound like a really neat idea.
The concept is amazing! Could we see some screenshots/maybe a buggy "Pre-release"
Sorry for not paying attention to this thread. Another more important project is underway, and then I will get back to this one.

Zen mode is a cool idea, but I still need to get the timing down, as things like Wait and startTmr aren't available on the 83+.

Riddles would be tough, as not only would you need to get the exact wording right for comparison to a string, but users might not have enough time to input the answer and think of the answer.

I don't do pre-releases. I never release something until it's done. That release of a small portion of the program may never happen, the full thing may come first.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours