Heh, nothing like a fried microwave...

My story was probably the time I got beaned in the face with by a walk-in freezer door... in front of the entire Wildflour Bakery staff and about 20 customers wh heard me yell "OWOWWWWWW"... (i blame the kitchen staff for flinging the door so hard...)
I'm kind of known for having these embarrassing/funny moments. So much so infact that my friend (who has a band) decided to make a song about it. I don't claim that it's great, but every lyric in there references a past "story." For instance: the time my mom backed into my car, or the time I got a triple-ticket, etc... Just check out the song:
http://theresistors.dmusic.com/music/stream/hifi/317980/.73239259/stream.m3u
Very nice. I thought the song was actually well done; are you in it at all? Anyway, would you care to elaborate on the stories referenced?
I'm not in it, I'm more of a fan of the band Cool

To elaborate on my mom backing into my car: One night I was working on a project for English. My mom went to drop my sister at her soccer practice. When she came back, she came up to my room and she said: "Pat, I don't know how to tell you this...but it was dark and...you car came out of nowhere" At this point my heart sank and I darted outside to survey the damage. Two weeks and $1000 later (that she thankfully agreed to pay), my car was back to normal. And on this note, in the Candid Photo's topic, the picture of my car was taken when the car was still messed up from this accident. Thankfully, only the front-right side of the car was damaged and the picture was taken in such a way as to cloak this. Wink

If you'd like to hear about any of the others just specify. At this point I'm not even embarrassed about them. I consider them funny myself.
well i got another one.

well one day i was walking down the sidewalk with my aunt and my mom because i was about five years old. but i was not paying attention and well there was this brick pillar in front of me and i just sorta walked right into it and it left a big knot on my forehead.
lafferjm wrote:
well i got another one.

well one day i was walking down the sidewalk with my aunt and my mom because i was about five years old. but i was not paying attention and well there was this brick pillar in front of me and i just sorta walked right into it and it left a big knot on my forehead.
Not to laugh at you but .... AHAHAHA! That's happened to me before, reading a book while walking, except it was a metal pole.
that had to hurt. How about this one, coming in from a fishing trip, there was this narrow, no-wake channel I had to go through. This thing was just about wide enough for two boats to go past each other. I am coming up this, a little faster than I probably should have, and there is the charter boat coming up on my tail right down the middle of the channel trying to get around me. Well, there was another boat trying to go out, and he was attempting to avoid the charter boat, and ends up bumbing into the side of our boat and denting it. I really wanted to kill that charter captian that day (can't blame the guy who bumped us).

Then the following day, we are out trolling, but there was enough wind and waves that all we did is put our back to them, put down our 9.9 HP motar and had it basically idle in foward. (btw, this is an 18ft boat, so we are barely moving, there is a second moter at 115 HP to get where we need to go fast, the 9.9 is only for trolling and a back-up). This is also while we were fishing a tournament. Well, we were headed north when all of a sudden a birage of saildboats comes through. One about ran us over and said that he had right away. We were barely moving with almost no power, and with 6 rods in the water, couldn't really move either. Then they gave the excuse they were in a race and we said that we were in a tournament, lets just say we were really annoyed by that.
Argh, that's pretty lame. :/ How do the rules of right-of-way work in the water?
in general, the boat that is less mobile has right of way, and being the only reason the moter was in gear was for minor corrections, I think we would be that boat, our speed wouldn't have really changed had we shut down and were drift fishing.

Commercial
Achored
Drifting
Sailing
Moter

(hand is in their also, but not sure where)
tifreak8x wrote:
I am like OMG! (cause I had a dream about 3 weeks ago about a fire in the house...)

Having dreams about things that happen later happens to me all the time.
Same here. It happens to quite a few intelligent people I know, so I have two hypotheses:

Smart people have some kind of prescience.
    Smart people have better than average visual cortex and visual association areas of the brain. This means that what normal people experience as "deja vu" in fact is much vivid for us.
Simply put, smart people are psychic. Shock
I actually favor the second theory: it's just a mental trick, but since it's so much more vivid for smart people, it seems more real.
that also happens to me every now and then and my biology teacher explained it one time but i was not really paying attention seeing as the only way to keep entertained was to program a friends calculator, talk, or draw.
That's cool, I hope this laptop works out. Anyway, before we prove lafferjm's point, back on topic... Very Happy
even though some of you might get mad because of necroposting or something i still have to post about it because it is to funny not to share. anyways today i was laying on the couch and my mom was in the sunroom reading a book when all of a sudden we here this boom. Than my mom said what the hell was that and i said i do not know. than she said it sounded like something hit the window and so i went out to the window and said jokingly did a bird run in to it. and so my mom opened up the window and there just below it on the ground was a dead bird. And we still cant figure out how in the world it managed to go flying in to it.
happens all the time to our massive windows, we even got a couple grouse that way, and they were still fresh enough when we found them 2 minutes later that we had grouse for dinner.
We have the problem as well, but it was mitigated to some extent by growing foliage near the windows--the birds will fly into them because (among other reasons, including separating the chaff from the wheat in the native population) they eat fermented berries. So in effect, they become "drunk."
fun. Never really had an animal enter the house really (though recently, around town, deer have been jumping into buildings (including a church), and one got a Halloween bucket on its head.)
I also used to have the same problem with birds; one of them left its guts all over the window and I had to clean it up (speaking of dead animals...there's a run-over squirrel in the middle of the road next to where I live that's been there for 2+ weeks now...fairly nasty looking.)

Quote:
and one got a Halloween bucket on its head.

I heard about that. Did anyone ever get the bucket off?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours