i basically know how to ask for information and do alert boxes and stuff like that.
http://www.solidsnakedesigns.com

There are tutorials and codes there, a few which I made.
well i know basics of javascript and i am good at html and now i want to create a site but i do not have any ideas on what to do so i was wondering, Do any of you have any ideas i can try?(I am only going to use javascript and html that way i can get more experience with it before php)

oh and does anyone know where i can get a free html host.
www.geocities.com
i knew about geocities it is just that i did not want some super long website name.
You can get geocities and a free toplevel domain from http://www.dot.tk to make it easier...
alright i will try that thanks
gah!!!!

use a good host like www.5gigs.com, far more space, bandwidth and flexibility for the same price: free.

and dont go with .tk, its loaded with ads. use .co.nr or something like that.
.tk? Ads? Oh that's right, they've added that intermediate page since I used to use them. They were all the rage back in the day...
now they do a frame type thing, it really gets on my nerves.
rivereye wrote:
now they do a frame type thing, it really gets on my nerves.
They always did that, so I just made them go to a page with the single javascript statement window.top.location.href = http://www.geocities.com/kermmartian. You can still see it at http://www.geocities.com/kermmartian/redirect.html if you want.
well i guess it is a good thing i download php developer 2006 because i have started my page and it is hard to read and tell where i am in the notepad because of all the text.

EDIT:Well css looks like it will be easy. it will also save me a ton of time. i am not going to save it as a style sheet though i am just going to add it in with my html pages.
CSS is best in a separate stylesheet. It saves time to update the layout. Instead of updating 100+ pages, updating 1 stylesheet is 1)Faster 2)Easier 3)Nicer.

Here's how you should structure it:
Site-wide: External stylesheet
Page-specific: In the header
Element-specific: In a style="blah..."
Definitely. I learned that the hard way, 'cause I never really studied a CSS tutorial. It is so much easier to have a stylesheet with classes than <span style="..."> everywhere.
i guess i might make it a style sheet then. oh and does php have to be used with html and javascript or does it have all the same commands as them.
You don't have to use Javascript in a PHP web page. But PHP is embedded within HTML, and PHP outputs HTML. PHP doesn't really have a function to display stuff in bold (and if it did it would output the HTML to do that), at least to my knowledge, but you can do:

echo '<b>Bold Text</b>';

PHP, HTML, and Javascript are different things. PHP is server-side, meaning that it is processed on the server. It is a server-side scripting language that can be used to interact with databases, dynamically generate client-side code, and more. Javascript can be used to create cool effects on a page. HTML defines the page, it is pretty much the base of a web page. All web pages use HTML.
Yeah bfr covered most of it, the only thing I'd add for clarity is that PHP stands for "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor." Everything that gets dispalyed in your browser is HTML. PHP is processed on the server before the browser even gets the page. That is why you never see PHP commands when you look at the source on pages.
And since HTML isn't a programming or scripting language, just a way of formatting text, it technically doesn't really have "commands" per se.
so php basically just handles data and stuff
it is for Dynamic content (forums for example). It also can email, deal with databases, write to files, and many other things.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours