xp and i will try that as soon as i get offline.
you mean offline mode in your web browser? keep taht off, it's useless...
he could be on dial-up or something (or like me where on my network, neither of my comps are allowed on the network after 10PM).
KermMartian wrote:
Actually, Alex, Notepad++ supports syntax highlighting for about 30 languages, plus an instant command reference for each one...

I like Crimson Editor (something like 80 different languages are built in, and u can make more. Heck, it even has z80 assembly!), but that might just be me.

Edit: actually hundred+!

189 to be exact o.O
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Actually, Alex, Notepad++ supports syntax highlighting for about 30 languages, plus an instant command reference for each one...

I like Crimson Editor (something like 80 different languages are built in, and u can make more. Heck, it even has z80 assembly!), but that might just be me.

Edit: actually hundreds!

Ooh, that could be fun... I'm still a fan of PHP Designer though... built in FTP capabilities and debugger...
NPP also allows custom ones. Very Happy
I type the code up on my calc and send it to my computer. Neutral

Actually, I usually just use Notepad Cool (I have PHP Designer though, and it seems good, but I just don't like it for some reason...).
There's an item for the 1,000 list! Very Happy
I used to use Notepad, but now I've gotten spoiled by the syntax highlighting and parethesis count checking.
exactly... there's nothing like knowing when you've forgotten to close a statement because your editor tells you before you press enter...
Well, it highlights paretheses pairs in red, so if one is maroon and not bold instead of red and bold, it doesn't match. And the red only shows up when the text cursor is at that character, so it's not annoying the rest of the time.
Yeah, PHP designer does that, except it highlights it in yellow until you move the cursor off...

Anyway, this is a PHP discussion, not an IDE argument...
True. That is kind of relevant, but nonetheless offtopic. So, what else do we need to tell lafferjm and indeed anyone else about learning php?
That you should never switch to JSP at all costs. Stay away from it like you would stay away from an HP calc. Wink

Also, http://www.1and1.com is a great web host where you can also get domain names.
Stick with it... it seems really weird at first, but trust me, it's actually really easy...

And learn to use buzzwords...
You mean because it's so important to appropriate the symbiotic relationship between firmware and middleware to leverage the advantages of working harder, not smarter? Very Happy
i got it working. now to look at the tutorials in another post and download the IDE.
Excellent! Good luck with the learning process, and of course keep us posted.
Excellent! Good luck with the learning process, and of course keep us posted.
will do. i might start learning tonight. i do not know because i have some javascript lessons left to read.
OK. How much practicing have you done with Javascript in conjunction with HTML so far?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours