As some might know, I am rewriting the TIFW tutorials somewhat, giving more information than previous versions, and making an attempt to give better screenshots than before. Well, for lesson 2, I have taken a screenshot of start to finish, making the program, showing where the commands are at, and editing and running a program. Smile I am very eager to post this, once I get to lesson 5 done.

I am also looking for people with skills in other languages, that would like to port them for our friends in other countries. I MIGHT have a couple people to post them in French for me, I will just have to wait and see.

If you guys have any suggestions on what you think should go in there, I will either confirm it is in there, or confirm it is on the todo list. Smile
*tifreak8x yays

I have spellshaper on omnimaga going to port the tutorials to German! w00t! ^_^
Well, some progress, I have added more to the lesson on displaying information to the homescreen... Seems when I wrote these tutorials, I didn't really discuss Output and Pause as being display functions... Rolling Eyes

And if the lack of convo keeps going, I am going to register another username, so at least I will have *someone* to talk to...
It's picking up a tittle, especially in comparison to how it was.
Well, thanks. Smile

I should be posting lessons 1 and 2 tonight, if things go well.
Way to take the initiative, Dan! I read this as you posted, but never got around to responding. I really should update my own tutorial with more advanced topics...
Uploaded all my old tutorials, though I have edited lessons 1 and 2. I will simply edit the others on my comp as I have time and re-post them when they are finished. Smile
Oooh, the animated screenshost in Lesson 2 are perfect. Much better for explanation than static screenies and text.
lesson 1 has been Germanized!!

http://omnimaga.org/index.php?showtopic=769&st=0&#entry10340477

I will make an attempt to get it posted with lesson 3. I will just have to find that mini German flag image. Very Happy
http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/tutorials/83p/b/tifw/gles1.htm

Lesson 1 is ready. Smile I have to Germanize the index, about, and symbol meanings pages... :/
...not to mention all the other lessons from 2 onwards. Laughing Looks like an excellent start, though; congrats on the progress.
Yay for cool people in the community!! Leofox has volunteered to convert the tutorials into Dutch! TIFW is slowly working its way up the coolness chain where tutorials are concerned... Razz Cool Laughing
tifreak8x wrote:
Yay for cool people in the community!! Leofox has volunteered to convert the tutorials into Dutch! TIFW is slowly working its way up the coolness chain where tutorials are concerned... Razz Cool 0x5
Hahaha niiiiice. I think I'll have to contact some of these people about the proper translations for the multilingual DCS versions I'm considering.
Let the French Translating begin!! ^_^

http://tibank.forumactif.com/viewtopic.forum?p=24726#24726
Fascinating. I should give them the list of stuff I need translated for DCS6. Glad to see this is progressing smoothly.
TI-Bank is very very friendly. I am sure if you post what you want translated, they could get it done within a few hours... Smile
Well, lesson 3 is coming along now, now that it has been decided for the lists part I will just discuss basic usage and how to create them, and worry about the rest of the commands later. Hopefully tonight, it will be released... if I am not stuck in the wreckers again... <.<
Sweet deal. For the sake of the tutorial, I hope you're not stuck in the wreckers again this evening. Sad
Yeah, me too. Can only do what I can though... Razz

Also, I dled all the tutorials that were on Sekloreans website, with plans to eventually get them posted in html format...
Well, for some shots, I have started putting the animated screenshot directly on the screen. This makes it easier so I don't have to worry about crappy still screens.

Also, once I get to lesson 10, I plan on packaging the tutorials for download on ticalc.org, and possibly on calcgames.org, if there is a section in the archives for tutorials.

I also need to check and see how the Dutch and German translations are coming along...

Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours