Been looking through the Pokedex, and here are the name misspellings:

Exeggute should be Exeggcute
Stammie ahould be Starmie
Gyrados should be Gyarados
Vaporean should be Vaporeon

And thats it. You may have had some of the names changed, but that is the most recent Pokedex from TI Calc taht I am using.

Also, are you going to say the number anywhere? I got lost after a while and wated to reset where I was, and had to start from teh beginning and search through the names.
working on it. got the logo displaying, gonna do the pokedex with horizontal lines instead.
Angel14995 wrote:
Been looking through the Pokedex, and here are the name misspellings:

Exeggute should be Exeggcute
Stammie ahould be Starmie
Gyrados should be Gyarados
Vaporean should be Vaporeon

And thats it. You may have had some of the names changed, but that is the most recent Pokedex from TI Calc taht I am using.

Also, are you going to say the number anywhere? I got lost after a while and wated to reset where I was, and had to start from teh beginning and search through the names.

Ah, thank you, I will double check my string here for those changes, and update the program as soon as I can.

As to the numbers, yeah, I plan on it, I just need to see about figuring out where best to put it.

As of right now though, I am strictly focused on finishing this displaying part of the dynamic menu.
Cool. I really want to see this. And your welcome Smile

About the numbers: make it something like part of the name. Maybe go:

Code:

Note: .=[space]
1...Bulbasaur
2...Venasaur
151.Mew

Just an Idea

Code:
Note:  . = [space]
:1 . . . Bulbasaur
:2 . . . Venasaur
. . .
151 . Mew

Depends on what you are using that code for for if it is good or not.

* #2 is Ivysaur (forgive me on spelling)
* adding 4 characters to the beginning of each string will add 604 bytes in program size. If, instead, you simply increased a variable each time you went through the pokedex (assuming that this code is for the pokedex), then you will only use 8 bytes Smile
* you will most likely have to do it the searching way as follows anyway, but if you are just using the program as data and it will be transferred to a string or something, ignore everything I said (though you only need 3 bytes before each name)

Code:
:"Bulbasaur
:prgmP (search program)
:"Ivysaur
. . .
:"Mew

Program P would add one to the number and display the information about the pokemon. I have an example searching pokedex for the first 100 and some in Hoen if you don't understand what i mean.

Once again, this all depends on how you are planning on using the code, so please excuse my ramblings if you do not want this Smile
Heh, I can simple get the value of the name via some variables that are already calculating it. Razz It has to get that number so it can display the proper string portion anyways, so I can just put a spot in there to just show which one it is on...

Anywho, on to screenshots!

This shows different moves each pokemon can know to show up the different menu options. Moving on...
I like it.

And it was just a suggestion. I was kinda being a little hasty and didn't think.

And again, nice job. It is looking good.
I like the menu, and I'm glad you got them to work out. Keep up the awesome work
Thanks. Smile

I found a slight bug with that dynamic menu, which will take all of 10 seconds to fix, now that I have an idea on how to fix it.

I will also spend some time tonight and see if I can't get some of the routines combined, and make the rest of the options work.

I have even considered making the rest of the borders "dynamic" by having it search for a "hook point" (ie: the lower right hand corner) then have it store to the vars like this new system is. This *should* shave off hundreds of bytes.
Well, I got 5 of the menu borders completed. I managed to change 77 line( commands to only 16, and 20 variables. I haven't taken the time to figure out how much of a savings that will provide, as it is all on paper, and not yet programmed in.
Kudos to you, tifreak! Good Idea I estimate that'd save you at least a couple hundred bytes (not that that estimation'd help you much ^^; )

I REALLY can't wait until a playable build demo (be it an alpha even) comes out.
After editing out the line commands, and changing things to variables for 7 boxes, I have shaved off 915 bytes! ^_^

I will see about testing things out again in actual game play, and add a new selectable border.

New border for the awesome border system, enjoy! Smile
Shock Holy cow, that's freakin' ugly! Surprised

Wink Well done, good variable scheme.
http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/pokemon/AB.8xp

The above is one of the two border programs. I am looking for some people who want to create a border of some sort, that is 3 pixels wide (max). Here is the other bits of important info:

The program requires 4 variables; N O C D

N sets the right side of the border to where it will display on the screen, it can be set to 94 max.

O sets the bottom side of the border to where it will display on the screen, the minimum it can be is 0.

C sets the left side of the menu, minus 3. I know, that sounds odd, but that is what I got it set to. The minimum this can be set to is 3.

D sets the upper portion of the menu, minus 3. Again, this actually sets to just below the upper border, and cannot not go above 59.

Play around with the program, and change variable values, and you will see what it is I was doing.

If there are any other questions, after looking through the program, then let me know, will be more than glad to answer.

Looking forward to your responses!
Managed to get the moving system done in the party selection screen.. I will attempt screenshots later, once I kill a small bug it seems to have... :/
Sounds nice. Per chance, do you delete a Pokemon and copy another that you were trying to move into its spot?
No, what I do is create another temp list, have it open up 4 elements, then save the element# and element contents of the two pokemon, then have it switch around from the temp list. Once I figured out what I needed to do, the actual code was easy to implement... Smile
So basically you are trying to exchange the values of 2 lists? Or am I reading it wrong?
First, you have the cursor that selects the box, then an equation to get which box # it is.

Then, you have to store like this:

element# -> temp(2
element contents -> temp(1
element#2 -> temp(4
element contents2 -> temp(3

temp(3->perm(temp(2
temp(1->perm(temp(4

make sense??

Page 21 of 22
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours