woot woot woot.
yeah, that is cool, can't wait to see what comes out.
This is good. This will mean a final game faster. Faster is not always better, but in this case, it is.
I'm sorry that my script doesn't work for your computer's BMPs...it works perfectly for mine. Sad
Kerm, It isnt that it doesnt work, it is that it spits out a black blob on the screen. I was hoping that giving you the images would help, but because of the way the images are done, color wise, there are too many variables, I dont think any script could do it correclty. I am sure for other applications, it would work wonderfully. I hope that I have not angered you because of this... Sad

I now have up to Blastoise completed, workin on the next batch now... I might attempt a sprite sheet, once I get 30 or more of them done...
CalcMan06 wrote:
This is good. This will mean a final game faster. Faster is not always better, but in this case, it is.
In TI-BASIC, faster is always better.
Especially since I gave this project date to take 2 years to complete. Smile That was of course before I decided to write Sprite2Hex... That should knock at least 2 months off of the time table right there...
tifreak8x wrote:
Kerm, It isnt that it doesnt work, it is that it spits out a black blob on the screen. I was hoping that giving you the images would help, but because of the way the images are done, color wise, there are too many variables, I dont think any script could do it correclty. I am sure for other applications, it would work wonderfully. I hope that I have not angered you because of this... Sad
Not at all! I'm just afraid that you're disappointed because it didn't work for you.
I was disappointed, but not at you. It was more a dissappointment in knowning that I would still have to do modifications to the hex, but hey, look at it this way: It gave me motivation to code Sprite2Hex. Smile I am sure it is something that even you might find useful (to a point) makin sprites for DCS and what not.

Also, I have finished Pokemon #13 last night, and expect to have at least 15 more done tonight. At 13 pokemon, the data required was around 3600 bytes... I figure I will have to cut it off at around 7000 bytes, so I can still have sufficient room to run the program and what not, so we shall see what happens. I will also need to combine some of the map data packs, since I am now using Resource, I dont have to limit the files to around 3000 bytes.

Anyways, once I hit the 50 mark, I plan on making a sprite sheet (which will take some time to do I am sure...) and see about wowing you all with my not-so-1337 graphics skillz Razz Laughing
Pokemon #24 completed.

http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/tifreak8x/pokemon/ss/arbok.bmp
Have you looked into trying ImageStudio? I know it would kind nullify the work you put into Hex2sprite, but it might speed up your sprite exporting process (or might not). I'd check it out though Wink
Yeah, there are plenty of tools in http://www.ticalc.org/pub/win/graphics that might help you out...
You mean sprite2Hex, right? Wink

I dont think any of them will work correctly because of the multitude of colors that are in these pokemon images. That is why I am just going to use Sprite2Hex, to make sure that it comes out correctly the first time, and not have to figure out which line and which hex value to change.

I am hoping to get to 35 completed today. I might even start on the screenshot page(s)... Smile
If you want to throw a couple of sprites my way, they work on my computer+my php script, so I could convert them fairly easily and quickly.
Well, that is the one advantage to using Sprite2Hex, I can simply paste in the string to the code, and not have to worry about my typing mistakes. But it is ok, though. Thank you for the offer. Smile

Like I said, I am hoping to have another 10 or so done today...
Good stuff, good luck with that then. Smile
Besides, you already have plenty of distractions/projects to deal with, no need to burden you with more. Wink

I also have a tutorial to write, so I will bouce back and forth between this and the tutorial. Smile

Edit: Boy do I feel generous, giving out all these screenshots... Razz

cool =D
Well, today, I will try to make the page for Pokemon screenshots. I will of course need to get all the Pokemon displayed on the screen and take shots of them, which will be the most tedious of the work, but oh well... Smile
Well, some of you might be happy to know that I have picked up Pokemon Purple again, since that I have the op guide converted to html. I managed to complete 2 sprites in 10 minutes during my work break, and will continue to work on them tonight. I am hoping that I might even get up to # 50 completed tonight. who knows what I have next on the list of things to do on Pokemon though, there are a ton of things that still need to be built.

Page 4 of 22
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours