Please ignore the wierd blob in the second left hand box, ticonnect took a pic with it in there... <.<
This is looking great, I can't wait for a BETA or demo version. Wink
Me too! :p
Indeed. I just want to show it off to the guys at my school's library. Razz
tifreak8x = t3h l33t p0k3m0n m4st3r
Thats the same reason I want a new demo!
Hehe, thanks guys Very Happy

Well, as it stands, I should get the pokemon data displayed up on the screen sometime tonight, and then I got to make a selection system. Smile

Made some changes per requests on IRC. What do you think of it now??

Edit:

Weregoose had some splendid ideas, one of them being unintentional. The unintentional one was adding an exclamation mark next to a box that had low hp or has a status effect.

The other you can see in these screenshots:

First revision of the screen:

Then adding an extra space between the boxes, removing the extra space that was added above the hp bar:

And then adding another space inbetween the boxes from the last one:

Just kinda lookin for opinions on them, so far it is unanimous to go with the middle pic...
Well, here are the current abilities of the party screen:

-Displays all the boxes, like in the middle pic from weregoose
-Displays names, hp stats, Lvl, status effects, and hp bar in the correct spaces, based off of the list that allows for sorting
-Cursor now works, going up and down, and changes direction, ie points left and right.
-If pokemon is suffering from a status effect, a ! mark shows up next to the box

I am going to make the boxes selectable, but am going to have to set it up to be dynamic, since the items system also uses the party selection screen. Not totally sure how I will accomplish this, but I will figure something out. Wink

This also means that once I get the selection system complete, I can FINALLY test out the items system, and get that finished. Very Happy
Sounds great. Very Happy Can't wait to try it out.
Well, here they are, I made 3 to show how, just by manipulating the PRTY list, you can set up the pokemon in the order you want. Of course, that will work within the game, I just have to program that. Wink

Wow! That is really impressive. I like how you ste everything up it looks great.
just for s&g, I set those programs up for dl so you can see them:

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/pokemon/testingparty.zip

Enjoy!!
<3 Graphing Calculator
Well, Weregoose is a math genius. I was trying to figure out how to more easily get the list equivalent for PRTY list so I could tell which pokemon was getting chosen in the party screen, and had managed to get the A/20 part, but couldn't figure out the rest. In roughly 3 minutes, he came up with 3C+.05(A-48 which I would have never figured out myself. I really wish I had spent more time with math... :/

Anywho, gonna see about getting at least the first of the three menus that the party screen will see.
That's just 3C+(1/20)(A-4Cool; makes perfect sense...
So, release date? Plleeeeease?
Whenever it makes it out. Razz I am still working on the whole idea of the smaller menu for the party screen...
Some slight progress, I managed to get the list of names all typed out and saved to a 2kb string... <.<

Weregoose assisted, as I seemed to mess up some of the spaces, and now that that is fixed, all 165 attack names are available to use. Very Happy

Moving on...
Well, makin some headway with the status display screens. Hopefully I will have something to show for it by Thursday, as I have to pick up the pace in the shop and won't be doing a whole lot of programming... :/

Anywho, until the next bit of an update...
Aw, no fair. Sad I understand, though; I also have a few busy days coming up.
I just got through with my three busy days. But I don't have any big projects... Nor have I ever had any big projects, nor will I ever have any big projects...

Page 19 of 22
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours