what exactly is firefox that i keep seeing in posts. and what makes it so different from ie. and so special.
tabbed web browsing
*coughiesuckscough*
no security holes (as far as I know)
*couchiesuckscough*
Faster page loading time, because it renders pages better
*coughiesuckscough*
You can continously expand FireFox with modules
*coughiestillsuckscough*

Get the picture? Very Happy
would i have to delete my ie or change it in any way or could i have them both on my computer at the same time.
they both can be on there... deleting ie wouldnt be good, because it is integrated into Windows, as it opens the folders and what not inside windows Smile
Both could run on the computer at the same time, but once you try Firefox, there is no going back!
can you post a link for the official firefox website that way i can download and try it tommorow.
getfirefox.com I believe
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
tifreak8x wrote:

no security holes (as far as I know)

IE has 45. Firefox has 15. Opera has 1.

Quote:
they both can be on there... deleting ie wouldnt be good, because it is integrated into Windows, as it opens the folders and what not inside windows

explorer.exe is different than iexplore.exe...still a bad idea to delete it.
http://www.firefox.com comes to mind...
thanks i guess i will give it a try tommorow depending on how long the download is.
4.43 MB iirc.

and technically Mozilla.com is the official website.
small, fast, great, free. What is more to love about the little fox? Go Firefox!!!
I love the way firefox gives you news headlines right on your toolbar.
Not to mention fully skinnable and expandable!
elfprince13 wrote:
explorer.exe is different than iexplore.exe...still a bad idea to delete it.

Yes, but both technically use an embedded IE window, and there are programs that need an embedded IE window besides explorer.exe
And as much as you'd like to avoid it, last time I checked IE was basically (but not quite) imperative to run Windows Update.
i am currently using firefox. it fucking rocks. even though i have dialup the pages are loading fast. the only thing i have to do now is bookmark all my favorites which should not take to long.
Did you import your settings when you installed firefox? Because if you did, your bookmarks should be there...
Yeah, when you first started it up, it should have asked you about importing settings and bookmarks from IE. I believe that there's a way to still do it, perhaps something in Tools-->Options, but I'm not positive.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours