Do you think you'll use Flock?
Yes -- it will be my only browser
 12%  [ 1 ]
Yes -- I'll use it in conjunction with my current browser(s)
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe -- I'll give it a try
 50%  [ 4 ]
No -- I tried it and it was lame
 12%  [ 1 ]
No -- It looks lame and I won't try it
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

For all you trendy people out there, the the Flock Beta was released the other day. I'm currently trying it out, and it seems pretty decent. What do you all think?
Meh, I'm a bit unimpressed. It uses the Gecko/Mozilla engine, yet for some reason had to download its own copy of Macromedia Flash, rather than just using the one already on the system.

I'm also a bit disappointed that it doesn't fit in nicely with my GTK theme (as its programmed in GTK) Just looking at it I would assume it was for a Mac, and I'm not particularly fond of the Aqua look.

I do, however, like the RSS viewer, but the entire thing feels more like a Firefox theme + some extensions (which is exactly what it is)
it is that, I tried it out, and it works with some of the FireFox extensions (which is nice). I don't see my Fox leaving for a while, but this is a good second.
When my friends saw it, they said that it looked like a skinned Firefox. I think I won't bother for now. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
When my friends saw it, they said that it looked like a skinned Firefox. I think I won't bother for now. Smile

Kerm, it IS a skinned firefox, literally. Didn't you notice that the toolbars, dialogs, and basically everything matched firefox perfectly? They did add other plugins and stuff though, but there isn't really any point to use it over the official firefox....
Ah, based on their site, it sounded like it was built on the same rendering engine but not precisely the same. My mistake.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours