You shouldn't read through the tutorial like a book. Instead you should carefully read each section, reread it, and practice the examples. You should only move on to the next section after you understand everything in the previous sections. It took me a full month to get through it all, but I understood everything as I went, and created my own programs that incorporated the lesson.
well i did that as well but i guess i will take a little more time with it.
That's good, I'd recommend that. Just remember that asm is in no way impossible to learn. If you put in enough time and effort, you will eventually get it.
Chipmaster wrote:
You shouldn't read through the tutorial like a book. Instead you should carefully read each section, reread it, and practice the examples. You should only move on to the next section after you understand everything in the previous sections. It took me a full month to get through it all, but I understood everything as I went, and created my own programs that incorporated the lesson.

In otherwords, you took all 28 days to "learn ASM in 28 days" Wink
welli also want more than the two tutorials i have. so is there any other good tutorials out there besides the ones on tifreaks website.
Kllrnohj: More like 40-50, actually; some of the lessons take substantially more than one day to get completely.
While others can be done in less than a day.
Chipmaster wrote:
True, such as the Flags one. That took me about 10 minutes Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Chipmaster wrote:
True, such as the Flags one. That took me about 10 minutes Smile

or the set up the compiler one Wink
Actually, that one can sometimes be a big problem for people. Case and point: for me it took 2 months to get the compiler up and running (mostly because I wasn't aware of forums where I could ask for help, and I had something messed up with DOS).
same
lafferjm wrote:
welli also want more than the two tutorials I have. so is there any other good tutorials out there besides the ones on tifreaks website.

The one's at tifreakware are the best ones you can find. You can check around ticalc.org after you become experienced with Asm for some guides on Asm topics like interrupts, etc.
Chipmaster wrote:
Actually, that one can sometimes be a big problem for people. Case and point: for me it took 2 months to get the compiler up and running (mostly because I wasn't aware of forums where I could ask for help, and I had something messed up with DOS).

i was already familiar with DOS and BATCH scrips, so I followed the instructions and had it working right away, no problems...
I didn't know what DOS was until I came to the forums. Shame on me! Bad Idea
yeah, when I attempted ASM my first time, I had a knowledge of DOS (I grew up on it), so knew a thing or two about this stuff.
I grew up on a DOS/windows 3.1 machine (back in the day when Win3.1 was, *gasp*, NEW!).... Very Happy

My dad and I would gather 'round the ol' DOS for some scorch (the original version)
ooh, that sounds like fun. I was young enough back then that I knew of 3.1 and 3.11, but didn't know the difference. Heck, the computer my brother and I used booted into DOS first, and had the type in WIN to get into Windows.

(makes me witht the progman shell was in XP Sad)
While we're reminiscing about old versions of Windows, who remembers TaskMan in '95? How awesome was that thing? ^_^
yeah, that told you nothing, now you can find out so much in 2k/XP.
alright i have started to program in ion because of the sprite routines. and i have this code that displays the sprite but what could i do so that i can move it around.

Sprite display code:

Code:

.nolist
#include "ion.inc"
.list
#define end .end
#define END .end
#define equ .equ
#define EQU .equ
#ifdef ti83p
 .org progstart-2
 .db $BB,$6D
#else
 .org progstart
#endif
 ret
 jr nc,Start
 .db "Sprite display",0

Start:
 bcall(_clrlcdfull)
 ld a,10
 ld l,10
 ld b,8
 ld ix,sprite
 bcall(ionputsprite)
 bcall(ionfastcopy)
 bcall(_getkey)
 ret
.end

sprite:
 .db %01111110
 .db %01111110
 .db %01111110
 .db %01011101
 .db %00111110
 .db %00001100
 .db %00001010
 .db %00010001
END

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours