I need a page to redirect to another page with out a set url. I tried using the way of combining strings...

Code:
<?php

srand((double)microtime()*10000); 
$number = rand(0,100);

$random[1] = "****";
$random[2] = "****";
$random[3] = "****";
$random[4] = "****";
$random[5] = "****";
$random[6] = "****";
$random[7] = "****";
$random[8] = "****";
$random[9] = "****";
$random[10] = "****";
$random[11] = "****";
$random[12] = "****";
$random[13] = "****";
$random[14] = "****";
$random[15] = "****";

$n = rand(1,15);

$word = $random['$n'];

$item = $HTTP_GET_VARS['item'];

$url = "file.php?id=" . $random['$n'] . $number . "&item=" . $item . "";

header("location:" . $url);

?>

...but in the end it will only come out as:
    file.php?id=###&item=blah

instead of:
    file.php?id=****###&item=blah
In other words, it does'nt put the random word into the url, it pretty much ignores it. it worked when I typed it in, but I tried it automaticly and it did'nt work Confused .
Please help.
    I did not release the whole code so, all my random variables = ****, but in the real code there all differant.
Never mind, I found the problem. Thanks for all that help, and in all a matter of 1 minute!
Laughing
Wow, we're getting so good at this, we can do it telepathically now... Shock

Code:

<?php

$number = rand(0,100);

$random = array( "****", "****",  "****", "****", "****", "****", "****",  "****",  "****", "****"  ,"****", "****", "****", "****", "****");

$n = rand(0,15);

$word = $random['$n'];

$item = $HTTP_GET_VARS['item'];

$url = "file.php?id=" . $random['$n'] . $number . "&item=" . $item . "";

?>

Slight optimization... saves you... about 13 lines of code Razz

Code:
<?php

$number = rand(0,100);

$random = array( "****", "****",  "****", "****", "****", "****", "****",  "****",  "****", "****"  ,"****", "****", "****", "****", "****");

$n = rand(0,15);

$url = "file.php?id=" . $random['$n'] . $number . "&item=" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['item'] . "";

?>
Two more gone. Smile

Code:

<?php

$n = rand(0,15);

$url = "file.php?id=" . $random[$n] . rand(0, 100) . "&item=" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['item'] . "";

?>

Fixed a bug that would have prevented it from working properly Wink

EDIT: and got rid of another line Wink
you know, fewer lines don't necessarily mean its faster.... (this ain't TI-Basic) - and 99% of the time it won't result in a smaller program either

White Space == Good (when used properly) in a computer program. For example, it would be better programming practice to break that array up into multiple lines, like such

Code:
array("*****", "*****", "*****", "*****",
      "*****", "*****", "*****", "*****");

So that the array elements start at the same column, and don't exceed 80 characters per line.
Hmm... true

Generally I do use some whitespace for readibility.. it's not always a huge priority, and depends on what the code is.. I use less white space in MySQL queries and more in arrays (usually, with arrays, i put one element per line)
I'm terrible with whitespace in PHP; I hardly ever put lines between thinks, except perhaps different subfunctions.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours