what the topic title says <_<

its here until I make the phpBB page for it.
source is here
I like the photoshoppish UI. You should post a GUI/UI tutorial for Java -- I could really use some improvement in that area.
thanks. /me <3's Swing for clicking games like this. /me thinks AWT is better for games where things move around a lot on screen.
Nice game. I like it. Smile
thankee. writing that has been the only programming time Ive gotten in the last week. /me <3's Java class.

[edit]

I just scored a 96. oh and the new URL is http://rancidmoose.unitedti.org/forum/KnightMoves/
Yay, nice! I got a 66, but it took be a few to realize I was supposed to max out the moves. Smile
The 96 is well deserved. I like the game.

EDIT: Wait a minute, was the 96 as a project grade for class or as the score for the game? Confused
Same. You should make it into a full AI vs. player chess game, that would be extremely 1337/
96 as a score in the game.

Anyway, I just scored a full 100.
KermMartian wrote:
Same. You should make it into a full AI vs. player chess game, that would be extremely 1337/

possibly a whole package of chess based games Very Happy

programming an AI would be interesting though...heh.
Chipmaster wrote:
/me thinks Kerm should follow his own advice and concentrate all efforts towards DCS 6 Smile
Actually, I kinda am doing that, except for the wireless dataglove I'm building. Very Happy
Harq wrote:
I think I will work on learning java in a few months, in the meantime I am doing ASM, c++ and maybe I will just learn some Visual Basic since it is very close to TI-basic Wink .
And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the EXACT post at which this thread went off-topic. Mods, I'm begging you, if you see posts like this, PLEASE delete them before everyone jumps on the stupid wagon and the thread is lost. I was looking forward to discussing the project, but instead I came back and saw the above junk.
jpez wrote:
Harq wrote:
I think I will work on learning java in a few months, in the meantime I am doing ASM, c++ and maybe I will just learn some Visual Basic since it is very close to TI-basic Wink .
And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the EXACT post at which this thread went off-topic. Mods, I'm begging you, if you see posts like this, PLEASE delete them before everyone jumps on the stupid wagon and the thread is lost. I was looking forward to discussing the project, but instead I came back and saw the above junk.

Hey, branching off a topic is fun, not to mention it keeps the topic alive!

[ontopic]
Anyways, I like the game, the highest i have gotten is 96
[/ontopic]

[offtopic]
That sound cool that you can type with it (= how many motion sensors did you use (i am still thinking 17 so you can detect different bends in the fingers and general hand movement).
[/offtopic]
It's not really fun. In fact it can be kind of annoying if you're the author of the topic and someone else takes it away. It's more fun to start a brand new topic.
Anyways, back on topic!

I never knew you could do so much with so little code in Java. I bet it would take a lot more code than that to make a c++ version, but anyways, good job!
Well C++ and Java are very similiar so you probably could.
I do not think that c++ is mainly designed for applets/gui like Java, so i think it would require more code.
I'm sure somebody has written code to do that that you could include in your programs. Try googling it.
splittage of the topiccage.

anyway, Applets are fun. And I know a lot of tricks that make the code look shorter, plus I optimized it to be fast anyway.
Harq wrote:
I do not think that c++ is mainly designed for applets/gui like Java, so I think it would require more code.

c/c++ has much more GUI support than java does, but applets are a java thing.

neither langauges are designed for applets/guis, and java was infact designed for small, embedded systems (like a kitchen oven) that often used speciliazed architectures. Java was designed so that only the interpereter needs to be ported to a CPU for the code to work, it wasn't designed for the web (or graphics in general) at all.

C/C++ were both created long before the internet and GUIs were used/needed/existed. C came about in the 70s, and C++ in the 80s.

So while C/C++ would require more code per se, most of it would just be setting up the drawing area in a window, something that is generic and could be copy/pasted over several projects. The actual code and routines could be ported with minimal changes from the java source

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours