I already hate one of my fucking teachers for next year see every fucking summer we have to do a fucking summer reading project. but this is only for the smart people(like me) who take duel fucking enrollment. i have to read a fucking retard a book called The grapes of wrath and it fucking sucks each chapter is like 50 fucking pages long and it is retarded. and not only that i have to do a fucking report that is three to four pages long and it has to be a newspaper. And that project has ten fucking parts to it. but then on the other hand with my history class i am happy for the project because it is not as fucking retarded as the english one. and with the history project i have four choices and two of them actually sound cool. i am out on summer brake and they give us all this FUCKING work to do.
This is totally unacceptable. I haven't seen this much red in a while. Just stop doing this Exclamation Mad Bad Idea That's the price you have to pay for taking advanced classes so live with it and stop complaining Exclamation
You don't like reading?! I usually average 1 to 1.5 books per day during the summer, and that's just on my own.
Well that's just ridiculous. I don't particularly enjoy summer reading (mostly because the books are not my choice, and usually not the genre I prefer), but I still do it without complaint.

Guess what? I read The Grapes of Wrath last summer for one of my summer reading books. It's an excelent book about the struggle of the migrant worker/farmer during the post WWI into depression days. The book was great and captivating. John Steinbeck is a great author. You have very little literary experience, if you mock one of his books and call it "censored retard censored book." It's ironic that such a "bright" student that is dual enrolled, could be so insolent.

If you think length of chapter determines the quality of the book, I suggest you take some ritalin.
it is an alright book but it is still retarded because the types of books that i like are fantasy. and i enjoy reading.
If you enjoy reading, then it might be good to try some new genres. It's always a pleasant change to get a bit of variety in your literary diet.
I saw the Grapes or Wrath movie and like it. Also, this is nothing compared to some of the summer homework 'censored' I used to get.
I'm in college now to, and I'm taking ALL of my books up to Massachusetts with me (thank god I have an alice pack Smile) I should post a pic once I have a chance.
So is it official then? Are you graduating this year?
Confused You need to read the "Getting into classes" topic more often; yes, it's official; I will be graduating Spring of 2007 Very Happy
So, what does that make you now? A sophmore or a junior? (oh wait, me forgets that most other people have finished this school year) A junior or a senior?
Well, I had talked to my guidance counselor about that; technically I'll be a Senior once I finish English III, so I'll be a Junior the first half of the year, and a Senior the second half Wink
That's pretty sweet. Will you be bannished by the senior class or accepted as one of their own? I'd be pissed if some wipper-snapper skipped a grade and ended up in my grade (@Kerm: Just Joking).
Everyone thought I was a senior last year, and most people thought I was a junior (some thought I was a senior) this year, so they probably won't even notice Laughing
I love reading, I just hate having someone give me a book to read... >.<

My books are almost always fantasy or scifi, and usually are 500+ pages long... Very Happy
I read approx 65 four-hundred page books a summer. cause I can read 200 pages an hour.
I sense a split to yet another brag about your smarts and other skills thread.
elfprince13 wrote:
I read approx 65 four-hundred page books a summer. cause I can read 200 pages an hour.
Same. I read the latest 800+ page Harry Potter in 4:18:26.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Everyone thought I was a senior last year
You mean that people thought you were a senior when you were a freshman? That's almost unbelievable... Rolling Eyes

You people amaze me with all of your speed reading. The best I can muster is 100 pages in an hour, and more often it's something like 60 pages in an hour. Sad
its the same with me chipmaster but if i get ahold of a good book i will read it for a long time with breaks for meals and bathroom.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours